Page 217 of 330 FirstFirst ... 215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 2,593 to 2,604 of 3951

Re: 2018 Draft Thread -- because the "off-season" is when you get better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Ed.
    M-f'in.
    Oliver.

I mean, if 2018 just haaaaaaaappens to go badly and we pick in the top 5. Maybe just sign a stop-gap QB and draft this 280lb monster...

https://twitter.com/footwork_king1/s...24855166341120
    I attend all the UH home games. Oliver is the real deal. Supposedly want to get up to 290. Strong, fast, determined and a never-quit, all-motor monster. You WILL see him 20-25 yards downfield helping chase down a WR.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'm an offense advocate, but if Minkah Fitzpatrick fell to #16, I'd have to hope Ozzie would take him. With a top 10 (top 5?) player starting us in the face, IMO we can't get cute to trade down and hope for the best of the rest... Bc
    I'd be amazed if Fitzpatrick makes it out of the top ten.

FWIW:
    John McClain Aaron Wilson
    Cleveland Darnold Saquon
    NY Giants Q Nelson Darnold
    NY Jets Rosen Rosen
    Cleveland Saquon Mayfield
    Denver Josh Allen Josh Allen

RAVENS Marcus Davenport Ridley

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    I'd be amazed if Fitzpatrick makes it out of the top ten.
    Me too actually. I was replying to another poster's thought on the subject... bc

FWIW:
    Cleveland Darnold Saquon
    NY Jets Rosen Rosen

I’ve seen Davenport play in person. He’s a beast. Would easily become our #1 pass rusher after Suggs. Is already a better pass rusher than Bowser or T Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed.
    M-f'in.
    Oliver.

I mean, if 2018 just haaaaaaaappens to go badly and we pick in the top 5. Maybe just sign a stop-gap QB and draft this 280lb monster...

https://twitter.com/footwork_king1/s...24855166341120
    Ed Oliver, Dexter Lawrence, Christina Wilkins, Raekwon Davis.

I wonder if Ozzie retired because he didn't think his heart could handle all the interior DL monsters in the 2019 draft?

#BadMock1 on the Twitter has come to a crawl midway through round 4, but here's what I got so far:

Rd1(16): DJ Moore - Duh. He was WR1 and my target. Next 5 taken: Darnold, McGlinchey, Sutton, Vea and Ridley

Rd2(52): Rashaad Penny - He was RB6 (there was a run to open the 2nd round). IMO, a strong RBBC > any WR corps in the NFL. Ragnow was the target, but went 4 picks prior. Next 5 taken: Harrison Phillips (DL), Dorance Armstrong (LB), Jessie Bates (S), Rudolph (QB) and Branden Smith (OL)

Rd3(83): Anthony Miller - He was WR10 and my target. Next 5 taken: Derrick Nnadi (DT), Ronald Jones (RB), Will Clapp (OG), Josey Jewell (LB) and Kyzir White (S).

Rd4(118): Fred Warner - Wasn't expecting him. Was looking for OL, but Warner is an excellent athlete and I couldn't pass up his value as a cover LB in base and nickel (or base nickel, if you are a believer!). Next 5 taken: Armani Watts (S)...in progress.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Ed Oliver, Dexter Lawrence, Christina Wilkins, Raekwon Davis.

I wonder if Ozzie retired because he didn't think his heart could handle all the interior DL monsters in the 2019 draft?
    Lol...you ain't right!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

#BadMock1 on the Twitter has come to a crawl midway through round 4, but here's what I got so far:

Rd1(16): DJ Moore - Duh. He was WR1 and my target. Next 5 taken: Darnold, McGlinchey, Sutton, Vea and Ridley

Rd2(52): Rashaad Penny - He was RB6 (there was a run to open the 2nd round). IMO, a strong RBBC > any WR corps in the NFL. Ragnow was the target, but went 4 picks prior. Next 5 taken: Harrison Phillips (DL), Dorance Armstrong (LB), Jessie Bates (S), Rudolph (QB) and Branden Smith (OL)

Rd3(83): Anthony Miller - He was WR10 and my target. Next 5 taken: Derrick Nnadi (DT), Ronald Jones (RB), Will Clapp (OG), Josey Jewell (LB) and Kyzir White (S).

Rd4(118): Fred Warner - Wasn't expecting him. Was looking for OL, but Warner is an excellent athlete and I couldn't pass up his value as a cover LB in base and nickel (or base nickel, if you are a believer!). Next 5 taken: Armani Watts (S)...in progress.
    BPR I like this draft but I’d ask you this ...with a guy like Clapp and Jewell there at 83 you think Oz goes back to WR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW:
    Cleveland Darnold Saquon
    NY Jets Rosen Rosen

1. Davenport is more of a 4-3 DE

2. We invested a 2nd round pick in Bowser and a 3rd in Tim Williams, we can barely get either of them on the field as it is. Adding yet another young OLB into the group makes no sense as he's not a transcending blue chip talent.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'm an offense advocate, but if Minkah Fitzpatrick fell to #16, I'd have to hope Ozzie would take him. With a top 10 (top 5?) player starting us in the face, IMO we can't get cute to trade down and hope for the best of the rest... Bc
    No chance. One of the few non-QB blue chip talents in the entire draft. It's not like this is a stacked draft class where guys like Fitzpatrick will fall through the cracks. He'll be in play starting at #4 overall if Cleveland goes QB at #1 and will go very quickly if he makes it beyond that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    BPR I like this draft but I’d ask you this ...with a guy like Clapp and Jewell there at 83 you think Oz goes back to WR?
    I like Jewell in the 5th. I think he'll get beat to the boundary in the NFL and will not be a good man defender underneath.
    I'm really not sure about Clapp. I haven't watched him much.

Generally, I have no faith in Ozzie drafting two WRs next month.

I need to correct my BadMock1 comments on Miller. He was not my target, I was looking to go TE. I was surprised Miller was still available.
    It may have been b/c #DraftTwitter's "wisdom" simplistically says older WRs are bad, but that's not completely true, of course.

The data says that older 1st and 2nd round WRs perform worse than 3rd round and greater WRs of the same age.

So is #83 too high for Miller? I have no idea, but since 2008, Cooper Kupp, Terrance Williams, John Brown and Brandon LaFell were all were 3rd rounders that turned 24 between the Draft and 12/31 of the same year (Kupp is TBD). Since 2008, the 1st and 2nd rounders that turned 24 in the same year that they were drafted: Kevin White (crushed by injuries), Josh Doctson, Robert Meachem, Donnie Avery, Limas Sweed and Ryan Broyles. (Doctson is TBD). Big difference between these two groups.

Going back to 2000, the only age 23-to-24 year old 1st rounder that was IMO worth his value was Roddy White, who far exceeded his value and could qualify for the Hall of the Very Good. The 2nd rounder group is pretty bad as well.

http://pfref.com/tiny/EwfiB

@BigPlayReceiver