Lamar Jackson notably wore a green suit to celebrate "feeling lucky". I think the Ravens got really lucky too. In fact, I think Lamar would have been their first round pick if a few things didn't happen.

Here are all the teams that were rumored to be possibly interested in Jackson:
- The Browns
- The Jets
- The Bills
- The Dolphins
- The Cardinals
- The Ravens
- The Saints
- The Patriots

Fortunately for the Ravens, the Cardinals traded up and took Rosen one pick before Miami. Miami was next and just couldn't pass on Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I think my heart dropped when I saw that the Saints had traded up to #14. But then they took Davenport. How likely was it that they were going to trade up a second time to take a QB?

That left New England as a possible threat. They were sitting at 23 while we sat at 22. But then we move behind them to 25. Why risk that?

Well, reports came out that the Patriots were trying to trade up past the Lions to grab Frank Ragnow at 20. I suppose the Ravens made the logical guess that if Lamar Jackson wasn't worth trading up a few places for, but Ragnow was, then Jackson probably wasn't high on their board at all.

At this point, what team was a threat to trade up in the first round? Everyone else was set at quarterback. Cleveland wasn't going to take Lamar after taking Mayfield. Elway never showed interest in him. Anybody else who might have been curious probably didn't have the draft capital to do it.

But we did. And that's because the FO saw how the cards were falling and realized that we could pull this off.