Page 2 of 208 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Post-Draft Around the League (non Ravens news)

if we get decker that would be amazing

Lions GM Bob Quinn said the door remains "open" for free agent Anquan Boldin.

"We’ve had some communication with Anquan," said Quinn. "That was back in I’d say March, so really no update on our end of things." The 36-year-old is coming off another solid season that included 67 catches, 584 yards and a team-high eight touchdowns. Boldin may opt to skip offseason work by signing closer to the start of training camp, which is what he did last year. The 14-year veteran said he has no plans to retire.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    who are you ppl smoking. jets are not cutting decker jesus
    Baldy, yeah I agree. They lost Devin Smith, but he only caught ONE pass in FOUR games in 2016, so he shouldn't even come into the Jets WR picture... Bc

Blog Entries

Bears aren't picking up Kyle Fuller's 5th year option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Baldy, yeah I agree. They lost Devin Smith, but he only caught ONE pass in FOUR games in 2016, so he shouldn't even come into the Jets WR picture... Bc
    He does though because that's the only big talent WR the Jets had on the roster outside of Decker. Without Smith its Enunwa and a bunch of nobodies. A healthy Devin Smith has the talent to be their #1 WR but it sure doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I've liked Decker since CFB, but he has to clear evals first. He was pretty jacked up last year.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Matthews is the best fit of "rumors". Not sure why PHI is so disappointed with him.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Matthews is the best fit of "rumors". Not sure why PHI is so disappointed with him.
    Whenever you have players left over from the previous regime it's even money whether the current group wants to keep him. There could be nothing wrong with Matthews but he just doesn't fit what they want from that spot. This is someone I would absolutely try to get if the Eagles are really looking to trade him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Whenever you have players left over from the previous regime it's even money whether the current group wants to keep him. There could be nothing wrong with Matthews but he just doesn't fit what they want from that spot. This is someone I would absolutely try to get if the Eagles are really looking to trade him.
    As a 2014 2nd round pick, Matthews will be an UFA in 2018. The Ravens would have to give up a future pick AND sign him long-term. He's had a very nice start to his career (225 catches - 11.9 avg - 19 TDs) so the Eagles won't let him go for nothing... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    As a 2014 2nd round pick, Matthews will be an UFA in 2018. The Ravens would have to give up a future pick AND sign him long-term. He's had a very nice start to his career (225 catches - 11.9 avg - 19 TDs) so the Eagles won't let him go for nothing... Bc
    It's similar to what the Eagles did with Jeffery and the Redskins did with Pryor. Those guys signed for big money 1 year deals. In this case you give up a pick and get Jordan on a small money 1 year deal. I'd give up a 2018 3rd round pick for that right now. How different is that from the big cap space the Eagles and Redskins are devoting for just 1 year from those receivers they signed? Right now I'd rather have the cap space than the 3rd round pick. I comes down to what value you place on a starting WR for 1 year.

11. Re: Post-Draft Around the League (non Ravens news)

Buffalo Bills @buffalobills
    General Manager Doug Whaley has been relieved of his duties.

12. Re: Post-Draft Around the League (non Ravens news)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wanted to make sure Baldy's post made it in here as it is pretty interesting.

I can't imagine what is going on in Buffalo. Seems to be a power struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it was something that was negotiated as a part of the process and rather than fire Whaley pre-draft and lose all the scouting they just held on to him, with him knowing that after the draft he was a goner. I looked at their draft and could tell these were not Whaley type moves. Pretty sure McDermott was pulling the strings.