Page 173 of 208 FirstFirst ... 171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 2,065 to 2,076 of 2485
    Blog Entries

Re: Post-Draft Around the League (non Ravens news)

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Maybe they don't want another year of Ben retirement hype .....
    I heard a Steelers beat writer this weekend. He was asked about Ben's 'last year'. He said the Steelers will be dealing with Ben's 'last year' for the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I heard a Steelers beat writer this weekend. He was asked about Ben's 'last year'. He said the Steelers will be dealing with Ben's 'last year' for the next 3 years.
    smh at the drama queen

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Profootballtalk.com reports NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson will not make a ruling on Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    You can't teach stupid, its evidently in the water in Ohio.
    I honestly don't see the issue with the Browns cutting Brock, since everyone basically expected this. They had so much cap room, why not pay 16mill for a draft pick, just have to get the pick right.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I honestly don't see the issue with the Browns cutting Brock, since everyone basically expected this. They had so much cap room, why not pay 16mill for a draft pick, just have to get the pick right.
    Brock's contract goes a long way towards them making the cap floor.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Brock's contract goes a long way towards them making the cap floor.
    That too.

Blog Entries

Because the owner just lit $16 million on fire. This isn't monopoly money. It's real. It also impacted the team. There is a reason why they cut Haden and traded Cam Erving. Those moves happened because they were expensive for what they were getting and the Browns tried to cut some expenses. I don't think it's a coincidence that this happened at the same time they had to come up with $16 million for Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Because the owner just lit $16 million on fire. This isn't monopoly money. It's real. It also impacted the team. There is a reason why they cut Haden and traded Cam Erving. Those moves happened because they were expensive for what they were getting and the Browns tried to cut some expenses. I don't think it's a coincidence that this happened at the same time they had to come up with $16 million for Brock.
    Can you break that down in the salary cap as its not my area of expertise. I know teams have to hit the floor of 89% so im not sure how much of that 16 million went towards that floor. Also, isn't the floor of 89% based off a four year period.? I believe this year is the start of the new few year period, I may be wrong.

Blog Entries

the salary floor thing doesn't really come into equation. It's across four years and there really isn't a penalty

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    the salary floor thing doesn't really come into equation. It's across four years and there really isn't a penalty
    Can you explain a little further. Simple understanding of what the rule says would leave me to believe that you want to get as close as possible each year to the 89% so that way in the 4th year you don't have to make up an insane amount, but if there basically is no penalty then I get it, what is the penalty?

Blog Entries

Can you explain a little further. Simple understanding of what the rule says would leave me to believe that you want to get as close as possible each year to the 89% so that way in the 4th year you don't have to make up an insane amount, but if there basically is no penalty then I get it, what is the penalty?
    Headed to airport but a quick google of Browns cap salary floor: https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/3...-cash-spending

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Headed to airport but a quick google of Browns cap salary floor: https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/3...-cash-spending
    "It's also important to note that the penalty for not reaching the 89% spend over 2013-2016 is you have to give the money you're short by to your own players (via NFLPA-determined distribution). Which means there's no real penalty to not spending to the floor. Obviously you'd prefer to spend the money where you saw fit instead of being forced to adopt the NFLPA's distribution key, but there's no point to handing out idiotic contracts just to hit the floor."

Thanks.