Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weddle Jefferson

They showed their deficiency on the deep back end I'm not the only one who has said this Weddle and Jeffereson are great closer to the LOS and offer little on the back as in deep middle. As quoted by Mike Preston.

Secondary: Was that Bortles or Tom Brady out there against the Ravens? Cornerbacks Jimmy Smith and Marlon Humphrey played well, but this was not a good game for safeties Eric Weddle and Tony Jefferson. There was very little support deep over the middle in pass defense, and Weddle was slow closing in on tackles. Jefferson had problems with Jacksonville tight end Marcedes Lewis, who caught four passes for 62 yards and three touchdowns. Grade F

People may hate but it's true. The sky is not falling though we can get better.

Blog Entries

Re: Weddle Jefferson

Part of it was also scheme. Whose idea was it to keep leaving linebackers alone against Marcedes Lewis? It was the same coverage problem every time yet there was no adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Part of it was also scheme. Whose idea was it to keep leaving linebackers alone against Marcedes Lewis? It was the same coverage problem every time yet there was no adjustment.
    Well on one TD they had Jefferson on him.

But I do agree. It was gameplan. However, I would hope CJ Mosely could cover Lewis 1v1. Lewis is a 4th rate TE in this league and Mosely is supposedly a pro-bowler. I'd take that matchup if I were Dean Pees.

As for the First TD on that fake jet sweep, that was a great play design and Bowser had his jock left on the field.

My biggest takeaway is that they're both very undersized. I like Jefferson but watching the way D.J. swearinger is playing for the skins, we MAY have taken the wrong cards safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    My biggest takeaway is that they're both very undersized. I like Jefferson but watching the way D.J. swearinger is playing for the skins, we MAY have taken the wrong cards safety.
    How do we have a thread bashing Weddle & Jefferson but not a thread for the WR group, or the Oline, or the RB group?

Was the defense bad yesterday? Sure, but what do you expect when our offense and 24 million dollar QB put up 28 passing yards?

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    How do we have a thread bashing Weddle & Jefferson but not a thread for the WR group, or the Oline, or the RB group?

Was the defense bad yesterday? Sure, but what do you expect when our offense and 24 million dollar QB put up 28 passing yards?
    The whole team played awful yesterday. Literally, the worst performance that I can remember in the Harbaugh era. Personally, don't see the point in trying to say who should be blamed more.

If you would like to start a thread about how terrible the offense was, go ahead. I'm sure you will get plenty of hits. Same with one bashing Perriman and Wallace. Same with one bashing Terrance West. Same with one bashing the O-Line. Same with one complaining about the interior D-Line. and the edge rushers. and on and on it goes.

The defense was bad right from the get go. It wasnt as if they shut them down for a half the stunk the place out second half.

They sucked from the very start, same as the offense

You must have not seen my other recent posts. I even created a thread titled 8-18..28yards...2int that most here ignored. And I just had to argue with Goode who put less then 10% of the blame on Flacco. So I'm with you bro!!!

On the flip side. Jimmy smith has the second best qb rating in the league. Of course ramsey is first with jax other cb also in the top 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    You must have not seen my other recent posts. I even created a thread titled 8-18..28yards...2int that most here ignored. And I just had to argue with Goode who put less then 10% of the blame on Flacco. So I'm with you bro!!!
    Your thread flopped because it was created yesterday when all everyone talked about was the kneeling.

11. Weddle Jefferson

Plenty of blame to go around saw - yesterday took a team effort to look that crappy.

By the way, since you brought up WRs, I'll just note that Chris Godwin now has more catches than Rashad Merriman this season. Early? Yes, but I'm still upset that he wasn't our pick in the third round. How many tackles did Red Star Wormley have yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    On the flip side. Jimmy smith has the second best qb rating in the league. Of course ramsey is first with jax other cb also in the top 5
    Jimmy Smith and Marlon Humprhey please on the outside. Let's just play man-to-man out there.