Page 3 of 208 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Post-Draft Around the League (non Ravens news)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's similar to what the Eagles did with Jeffery and the Redskins did with Pryor. Those guys signed for big money 1 year deals. In this case you give up a pick and get Jordan on a small money 1 year deal. I'd give up a 2018 3rd round pick for that right now. How different is that from the big cap space the Eagles and Redskins are devoting for just 1 year from those receivers they signed? Right now I'd rather have the cap space than the 3rd round pick. I comes down to what value you place on a starting WR for 1 year.
    IMO I'd only trade a 2018 3rd round pick for Matthews if we could get a deal in place. A 3rd rounder for a one year rental seems too high for me... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    My brother in law is a die hard Eagles fan and the rumors up there are that Agholor, Matthews, DGB, and Kelce are all up for grabs.

Odds are a few of them will be cut. Maybe all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heard the same thing from my homie up there too he said those guys don't fit the direction they are trying to go

Blog Entries

If Jets didn't lose Smith Decker would be the guy getting axed possibly but they absolutely need him now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    IMO I'd only trade a 2018 3rd round pick for Matthews if we could get a deal in place. A 3rd rounder for a one year rental seems too high for me... Bc
    The Patriots gave up a 1st round pick for Cooks. He has 1 year left and then a 5th option at $8.5 million. The price tag of a 3rd for Matthews for 1 year signed is right in line. You then have a whole year to get a deal done

Decker absolutely would be awesome, but I doubt Jets are going to let him go.

Still highly interested in Matthews.

Man I remember so many of us wanted DGB (although most of us knew there was no shot we'd draft him due to his domestic issues), but man, he's apparently been an enormous disappointment. He should be out there kicking ass with his measurables.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

If I'm Ozzie and Harbaugh I wouldn't be too worried about a 2018 3rd pick. If they don't win this year the chances are they won't be here to spend it. They need to take care of 2017 to get to 2018

I think Ozzie is still very safe here.

Harbs, not so much.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Whenever you have players left over from the previous regime it's even money whether the current group wants to keep him. There could be nothing wrong with Matthews but he just doesn't fit what they want from that spot. This is someone I would absolutely try to get if the Eagles are really looking to trade him.
    I honestly keep forgetting that Kelly was even there lol.
    I'm sure PHI fans don't.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

The Patriots gave up a 1st round pick for Cooks. He has 1 year left and then a 5th option at $8.5 million. The price tag of a 3rd for Matthews for 1 year signed is right in line. You then have a whole year to get a deal done
    Different WRs for sure, but from what I know/have seen, I'd like Matthews on a market deal more than I would have liked Torrey on a market deal (would have hated it, actually).

You can Day3/UDFA your way to a fast cat that track the ball well (no need to pay market-rate for that), but assuming that a hypothetical Matthews would stay at the big-slot in 2018, we need that presence in the curl zones, and down the seams. Our TEs certainly aren't getting it done.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Post-Draft Around the League (non Ravens news)

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think Ozzie is still very safe here.

Harbs, not so much.
    Harbaugh too...we are on a 2 year plan with year three being the ultimatum

Blog Entries

Cooks was a 1st round draft choice (Saints - 2014) and has a 5th year option :
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats.../brandin-cooks
    So the Patriots actually can be guaranteed (if they exercise the 5th year option) two years for their Super Bowl championship team. The Ravens IMO have to look to the future, and a 2018 for Matthews would be too much without the guarantee of additional future years of service... Bc

12. Re: Post-Draft Around the League (non Ravens news)

The question that I'm wondering is what are we looking for in a WR? We already have 3 guys that can take the top off so I'm guessing we are looking for guy that can work the slot. Camp is that guy but his health is a big question mark so I'm wondering who else out there fits this mold.