Page 174 of 208 FirstFirst ... 172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 2,077 to 2,088 of 2485
    Blog Entries

Re: Post-Draft Around the League (non Ravens news)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This will be a good reference as the season progresses.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I guess the way to look at this is to add the 2 numbers together and see who spends the least on their lines. So which team does not believe in building through the trenches? I haven't done the numbers but it sure looks like the Patriots spend the least while the Bills spend the most. There goes that cliche about building a team to win

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I guess the way to look at this is to add the 2 numbers together and see who spends the least on their lines. So which team does not believe in building through the trenches? I haven't done the numbers but it sure looks like the Patriots spend the least while the Bills spend the most. There goes that cliche about building a team to win
    For us the spending on the D line has been in terms of draft picks not dollars
    Our spending looked really low until I looked closer
    some thoughts
    1- Suggs plays as a hybrid DE and if we count him as DL, he is our highest paid this year at $6.95mil cap hit (that alone moves us up 10 spots to 21 from 31)
    2- of the money they list for us, over half of it is Brandon Williams alone.
    3- Every other player, and we probably have a league high of 7 more, is in a rookie contract
    4th Urban $765,146
    4th Davis $787,021
    3rd Kaufusi $814,754
    3rd Wormley $689,661
    4th Henry $635,848
    UDFA Pierce $543,333
    UDFA Ricard $467,166
    Totals $4,702,929

And while we are trying to see the larger picture, remember we traded Jernigan who would be in the last year of his rookie contract (who would have been about 1.4 million ... now only $376,891 dead money and who knows what happened to his 5th yr option in the trade)

Yes our line is "cheap" but it is not cheap in draft investments, and having found 2 UDFA, is not cheap in time our scouts spent finding these people.

Yes, bears watching, but our D dollars spent is skewed unnaturally downward by other factors ... don't believe anybody who says we are cheap spending on DLine ... maybe dollar wise, but we spend a lot of other ways on it.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I bet the Pats cap hits last year were much more. They had Chris Long and Rob Ninkovic last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I honestly don't see the issue with the Browns cutting Brock, since everyone basically expected this. They had so much cap room, why not pay 16mill for a draft pick, just have to get the pick right.
    LOL, usmc this guy says "hello" :

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    some thoughts
    1- Suggs plays as a hybrid DE and if we count him as DL, he is our highest paid this year at $6.95mil cap hit (that alone moves us up 10 spots to 21 from 31)
    3- Every other player, and we probably have a league high of 7 more, is in a rookie contract
    4th Urban $765,146
    4th Davis $787,021
    3rd Kaufusi $814,754
    3rd Wormley $689,661
    4th Henry $635,848
    UDFA Pierce $543,333
    UDFA Ricard $467,166
    Totals $4,702,929

And while we are trying to see the larger picture, remember we traded Jernigan who would be in the last year of his rookie contract (who would have been about 1.4 million ... now only $376,891 dead money and who knows what happened to his 5th yr option in the trade)

Yes our line is "cheap" but it is not cheap in draft investments, and having found 2 UDFA, is not cheap in time our scouts spent finding these people.

Yes, bears watching, but our D dollars spent is skewed unnaturally downward by other factors ... don't believe anybody who says we are cheap spending on DLine ... maybe dollar wise, but we spend a lot of other ways on it.
    That's exactly why this chart is meaningless. You just ripped it apart and completely made sense. It's not the money. It's who the money is spent on that counts. That's why the Patriots are where they are the Bills are still the Bills.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    some thoughts
    4th Urban $765,146
    4th Davis $787,021
    3rd Kaufusi $814,754
    3rd Wormley $689,661
    4th Henry $635,848
    UDFA Pierce $543,333
    UDFA Ricard $467,166
    Totals $4,702,929

I'm pretty sure 5th year options are only for first round draft picks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Ahh brain fart. sorry CJ
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

Correct

Blog Entries

That was a great job by Rxdoxx to break that down. It appeared the same way I expected it to appear. Outside of Brandon Williams, the entire defensive line is on rookie deals and none of them are high picks. 5 Mid-rounders and two undrafted guys. This is also a big reason why the 'Offense vs Defense' numbers are nearly as meaningless.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The numbers are the numbers.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!