Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Welcome to BMORE Chris Wormley

Hes more Bruce Smith type player. In all seriousness his interview was very impressive.

Blog Entries

Believe it or not, I actually like Wormley more as a three tech prospect. He has 'some' outside moves, but I don't like him out there often. I don't like his run defense either. I want my 5 tech to be able to defend the run and rush the passer. I would like him better on the inside, alongside a bigger body that could help him out in run support, with a better edge rusher on the other side of him to draw the Tackle out wide.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to BMORE Chris Wormley

IMO Wormley was a good draft choice because :
    We lost Guy and traded Jernigan.
    Although we resigned BWill, Pierce is still a work-in-progress, although very hopeful of success.
    Urban (didn't play enough to get a real handle on), Kaufusi (3rd round pick on IR his entire rookie year), plus Carl Davis and Willie Henry (both still ??).

He can play DT or DE if necessary, and had a pretty strong career @ Michigan... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Believe it or not, I actually like Wormley more as a three tech prospect. He has 'some' outside moves, but I don't like him out there often. I don't like his run defense either. I want my 5 tech to be able to defend the run and rush the passer. I would like him better on the inside, alongside a bigger body that could help him out in run support, with a better edge rusher on the other side of him to draw the Tackle out wide.
    Sorry Sword, I thikn I'm chasing you around the forum quoting you lol.

Agreed though. He's 6'5 298. Jernigan was 6'2, 295.

Is he too light to play inside as a 3-tech? Personally I don't think so because he's very thick throughout his whole body. He also lacks the athleticsm to come around the edge at all. I think shooting the A gap or hat on hat with an OG would work well becuase he's more athletic than them and has good length. He would be hard to get leverage against if he gets his hands on you first (part of the reason I like my OG's to be on the shorter side - gain the low ground, BUT are susceptible against taller guys because they can lose "limb control").

His size is what is intriguing to me. If they can set them up right I REALLY like Kaufasi and Wormley on the inside rushing. Given Pierce's quickness giving him an actual pass rush ability, if you send him through the A gap on a pass rush it would set up 1 on 1's with Wormley/Kaufasi against an OG while the DE (Williams/Suggs/Bowser/Judon) go 1 on 1 with the tackle. It would really spread the line out.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

3rd down gonna be fun as shit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When the Ravens move guys, there are a dozen crying threads about how they're ruining this dude. Just a reminder.Yeah he can play all over the line but he's a 5 tech ready to rumble

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    When the Ravens move guys, there are a dozen crying threads about how they're ruining this dude. Just a reminder.Yeah he can play all over the line but he's a 5 tech ready to rumble
    This is true but IIRC our only natural 3-tech is Henry. Is Davis going to be the guy rotating behind him?

Williams was the 3-tech on running downs when Pierce was on. Pierce is a pure NT. So in a sense, Williams is the starting 3-tech.

Davis played a fair number of snaps early in his rookie season out of necessity (many of those as a 3), Henry has yet to play a single defensive snap.

On passing downs, the Ravens have typically played a 4-man front. It's not obvious who will be the team's 1 or 2 down linemen on such plays, but Wormley is a good candidate to be 1 of 2 players to line up inside on those snaps. If the Ravens play their 5-LB (standing pass rush) package, Wormley may also be the lone down lineman with one of the OLBs lined up standing on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Sorry Sword, I thikn I'm chasing you around the forum quoting you lol.

Is he too light to play inside as a 3-tech? Personally I don't think so because he's very thick throughout his whole body. He also lacks the athleticsm to come around the edge at all. I think shooting the A gap or hat on hat with an OG would work well becuase he's more athletic than them and has good length. He would be hard to get leverage against if he gets his hands on you first (part of the reason I like my OG's to be on the shorter side - gain the low ground, BUT are susceptible against taller guys because they can lose "limb control").

His size is what is intriguing to me. If they can set them up right I REALLY like Kaufasi and Wormley on the inside rushing. Given Pierce's quickness giving him an actual pass rush ability, if you send him through the A gap on a pass rush it would set up 1 on 1's with Wormley/Kaufasi against an OG while the DE (Williams/Suggs/Bowser/Judon) go 1 on 1 with the tackle. It would really spread the line out.
    Do you really think Pees will be able to do all of this? You're forgetting who our DC is

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    Do you really think Pees will be able to do all of this? You're forgetting who our DC is
    This is what he does though.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    So, the Ravens' trade of Jernigan netted them 3", 3 lbs, and 3 years. After all, Wormley was selected with the pick the Ravens received from Philadelphia.

Blog Entries

The reality is that Wormley being another Jernigan represents another wasted pick. Jernigan wasn't a scheme fit. If they use Wormley the same way, he won't be a scheme fit. He needs to be more than Jernigan.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore