Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 24252627 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie - "F the Offense"

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Offensive purgatory.

JAGs, old men, an inconsistent QB, a dated scheme, and a HC that continues to leave points on the field with his decision-making.
    hm...SMH

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    But yet we got people happy that we drafted for depth on defense lmao
    Not me!,

I made my feelings felt about that draft immediately on day 1. For a team so far up against the cap, how this front office burned 80% if its picks on 1 side of the ball for depth is truly beyond me.

Take out the aspect of Best player available. I don't care what anyone says, Marlon Humphrey was not that when we picked.

Your draft picks are supposed to be your cheap labor. For a team so tight against he cap because of lousy contracts and injuries and piss poor prior draft choices from a business decision alone the 2017 Ravens Draft was a bad decision from top to bottom

3. Re: Ozzie - "F the Offense"

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Not me!,

I made my feelings felt about that draft immediately on day 1. For a team so far up against the cap, how this front office burned 80% if its picks on 1 side of the ball for depth is truly beyond me.

Take out the aspect of Best player available. I don't care what anyone says, Marlon Humphrey was not that when we picked.

Your draft picks are supposed to be your cheap labor. For a team so tight against he cap because of lousy contracts and injuries and piss poor prior draft choices from a business decision alone the 2017 Ravens Draft was a bad decision from top to bottom
    Yup, Humphrey may see some action year 2. Bowser, Tim Williams, and Wormley won't get the bulk of the reps until year 3. For some reason our vanilla as hell defense takes 3 years for our draft picks to master.

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    We may still get to 7 wins, as lousy as we often look. Don't look at our team in a vacuum. What are the Browns' prospects on offense without Joe Thomas? If you want to look at a collapsing team, look at Cincy. How do you like their skill players - clearly better than ours.

The fact is that Cincy's Oline is worse than ours and was worse from the beginning of pre-season. At least our Oline was planning on Stanley-Lewis-maybe Mangold/Jensen-Yanda-Wagner replacement (Howard). With Siragusa as a backup, that was a good line. Brown/Tobin have been spending top draft picks on offensive skill players for years and idiotically completely neglected the Oline. A few weeks ago, I thought we would lose the finale to the Bengals, but not anymore. The Bengals' players know Marvin is going and he has never had command of that team.
    Actually, they spent a 1st and a 2nd on the Oline a couple years ago. But -- like us -- they are proving that taking a JAG with an early pick just gets you an overpaid JAG.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Actually, they spent a 1st and a 2nd on the Oline a couple years ago. But -- like us -- they are proving that taking a JAG with an early pick just gets you an overpaid JAG.
    They are not like us at all. Ogbuehi and Fisher are in their third years. Bodine, who stinks, is in his ca fourth year. Ogbuehi, who doesn't help Dalton up after Campbell blows by him in 1.5 seconds for the sack, is hated by the fandom. They let both Whitworth and Zeitler walk, when they easily had the money for one of them. Brown is so ossified that he doesn't react.

Ozzie had the oline well set up before preseason (save RT), and pursued Mangold as well, even before the disasters hit. We had decent to excellent players projected at every position; RT was later solved with Howard. Cincy went from Spring until now with only Boling of any quality on the Oline. And they drafted their Crampanaro in the first round. At least we got ours in the seventh.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

With the Andrew luck saga unfolding in Indy.... Im forced to listen to sports radio hosts claim "Irsay should be mad at himself for never trying to build around Andrew Luck"

Just food for thought. Same situation applies here IMO. Theres no reason to pay a QB anything and build a team the way we did.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    With the Andrew luck saga unfolding in Indy.... Im forced to listen to sports radio hosts claim "Irsay should be mad at himself for never trying to build around Andrew Luck"

Just food for thought. Same situation applies here IMO. Theres no reason to pay a QB anything and build a team the way we did.
    They built around him, but in a flawed way. They invested in WR's, but not OL.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

I just heard the radio clip, It is said that Irsay told a reporter that Andrew Lucks injury is in his head? LOL

The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, what a trainwreck drunk that fool is. Youd think seeing your father act like such a lunatic and a drunk he would want to be a better person but its obviously learned behavior.

Andrew Luck should want to get out of that place as fast as possible. He needs a change of scenery

Id trade Flacco in a second for Luck.

Blog Entries

Can he give back some guaranteed money to get out and void the contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    They built around him, but in a flawed way. They invested in WR's, but not OL.
    Was it 2 drafts ago when they drafted OL in rounds 1, 3, 5, 7? They and Cinci spent high picks on OL and whiffed. I wonder just how good some of our DL are (I don't know, just wondering). Just because a player has a high rating and goes early doesn't mean he'll be any good.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Id trade Flacco in a second for Luck.
    Of course. Unfortunately, there is no team in the NFL that would ever trade for Flacco. Not even the Browns are that dumb.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Of course. Unfortunately, there is no team in the NFL that would ever trade for Flacco. Not even the Browns are that dumb.
    Denver would in a second.