Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Marlon Humphrey was absolutely the right pick

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Humphrie is a great pick and all.. but after watching the first 10 games of the season, it was clearly not much of a need.

Trading down and grabbing Dalvin Cook would have been smarter. I was screaming for us to draft him.
    This is literally an ill thought out post

Blog Entries

We're not that happy because the offense is a disturbing joke.
    Cook is on IR and wouldnt have done anymore than what Collins has for us. Youre thinking too short term. You dont draft for NEED. You draft future super stars.

I'm not happy with the offense either but that's doesn't change reality that Ozzie was working under.

Ozzie said in his draft presser after the first round he attempted to trade down but didn't have a good offer. I don't really see anyone in the first round we should have selected otherwise. If we did select OJ Howard we wouldn't be improving the team in the longterm or the shortterm.

I don't know how anyone who logically looking at where we picked and who was available could complain about the selection. AThe idea that somehow some way Cook is or was going to fix the offense is nonsense. Flacco just needs to play better. Collins has run the ball well anyways and we've gotten good production from our Rb's. We are averaging 4 yards a carry. Collins 5. When we've struggled to run the football it's mainly due to our oline not our backs.

Edit: Wrong cooks
    Last edited by boller4president; 11-23-2017 at 08:36 PM.

4. Re: Marlon Humphrey was absolutely the right pick

I also love his energy. He is a future emotional lightning rod and leader of our secondary. The celebrations and just fun he plays with is great to see!
    We have seriously been doing a great job coaching up our secondary. Hell, outside of calling a gameplan that makes everyone happy, our coaches on D i think have been developing guys well as of late, yes even at mlb i think were getting the most out of the talent we have there.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Cook is on IR and wouldnt have done anymore than what Collins has for us. Youre thinking too short term. You dont draft for NEED. You draft future super stars.
    Cook got hurt playing for the Vikings. The cookie could have crumbled differently. Why not draft for both superstars and need? Cook could be a superstar.

Blog Entries

Cook got hurt playing for the Vikings. The cookie could have crumbled differently. Why not draft for both superstars and need? Cook could be a superstar.
    You take a superstar CB over a RB every day of the week.

Collins was a 5th rd pick.... how many shutdown corners with Marlons size were not drafted in the 1st rd?

Humphrie is a great pick and all.. but after watching the first 10 games of the season, it was clearly not much of a need.

Trading down and grabbing Dalvin Cook would have been smarter. I was screaming for us to draft him.
    That is plain stupid. Jimmy's injury history was a concern going into 2017 and both he and Carr are going to be on the decline; Carr probably already is. Did we want to be staring in 2018 at the Asa and Chykie show again?
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Marlon Humphrey has been balling.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

There is general truth is what you post, but on November 24, 2017 no Ravens fan should be unhappy with the Humphrey pick. He has all the makings of a 1st round draft choice and can only get better with experience. Humphrey has been impressive in limited playing time, so Culex, just accept that Ozzie made a great choice and move on... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    There is general truth is what you post, but on November 24, 2017 no Ravens fan should be unhappy with the Humphrey pick. He has all the makings of a 1st round draft choice and can only get better with experience. Humphrey has been impressive in limited playing time, so Culex, just accept that Ozzie made a great choice and move on... Bc
    Ultimately it doesn't matter what position you draft, you just need to hit on your 1st round pick. Humphrey has been playing very well, and if he takes that next step as he develops, he could be a #1 CB. And that's worth a first round pick, period.

To put it another way, the Ravens spent a 1st round pick on a WR and his name is Breshad Perriman. That was a bad pick. If he was a good pick, we'd have a #1 WR.

Blog Entries

When he was drafted, I loved the player, didn't like the pick - if that makes sense.

10 weeks in, I love the player, love the pick.

Marlon and Jimmy have a chance........