Gettin' Drafty up in Here (2017)

It's back! Kinda...

The hell is this?

Draft 11 players:
    * Select seven players as if you were OTC as the Ravens, but you must actually select your player before the Ravens select (honor system!). Your picks are the Ravens' picks. Just look at your Board and turn in your card. Simple. Here's your chance to be better than Ozzie and brag about it!
    * Select four additional players at 12, 52, 122(a) and 122(b)

A few notes about these other four picks:
    1: #12 and #52 belong to the Browns (at least for now). You say, they can't draft, huh? Well, that would be correct, but here's your chance to show that you can do better.

2: #122 belongs to Ozzie, so 122(a) and 122(b) and of course #122 itself are three consecutive picks right in the middle of the 4th round that all belong to you. So just think of 122(a) and 122(b) as special comp picks. Do try your best to pick all three before Ozzie relays his pick to Philly.

Draft any player, I want?

Not quite. While all players that you do draft will remain with you for their entire NFL lifetimes, you must draft:
    1 QB
    3 RB, WR and/or TE (can be one of each, or all WRs, or all TEs. Any combo works.)
    2 OL
    3 DL and/or LB (any combo)
    2 CB and/or S (any combo)

Scoring system?

Yes. Simplified from when I tried to do too much in 2014.
    I'm thinking that I still need to balance it a bit, but it's pretty much set.

2014?

Yeah, my first crack at this was waaaay too complicated.
    I gave myself 16 picks, did some UFA prior, and some UDFA afterwards. Crazy.

Anyway, I thought I had a decent squad on paper for 2014...

Clowney - 1st rd - #1 (who coulda known?)
    Bridgewater - 1st rd - #17(a) (ditto)
    Morgan Moses - 2nd rd - #48(a)
    Donte Moncrief - 3rd rd - #79(a)
    Devonta Freeman - 4th rd - #101(a)

Unfortunately (and not shown here), my second 2nd rounder, my second 3rd rounder, and every other pick was horrible. I'll go back and score this class with the 2017 system, but man...

Anyways, you can play along at home and keep track of your own team, change the rules, post your picks and team in here, or just :bag:
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Re: Gettin' Drafty up in Here (2017)

An important note: Other than Baltimore trades tonight...in the first round...all other trades will be ignored. It's too much to track in real time for Day 2 and Day 3...and it kinda of forces you to pay attention to/watch the entire Draft, which is unrealistic as hell.

IOW...if Ozzie moves around tonight then the slate of picks will be adjusted, and you'll be OTC accordingly.

On the other hand, CLE's picks are rooted at 12 and 52. If they trade around, it doesn't matter, you'll pick at 12 and 52.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Slate of Picks

12 (CLE)
    52 (CLE)
    122(a)
    122(b)

@BigPlayReceiver

Proposed scoring system:

G = 1pt
    GS = 5pts
    PB starter (being a replacement for any reason doesn’t count) = 100 pts
    2nd tier (rank 9-16) in position production* (OL excluded) = 100 pts
    1st tier (rank 1-8) in position production* (OL excluded) = 150 pts
    #1 rank in NFL (see production categories) = 200 pts
    All Pro = 300 pts
    POY = 500 pts
    MVP = 1000 pts
    SB MVP = 4000 pts

1st rounder: no boost to your seasonal score
    2nd rounder: +10% boost
    3rd: +15% boost
    4th: +20%
    5th: +25%
    6th: +30%
    7th: +50%

*Position production categories
    QB (pass yards, TDs, rating)
    RB (rush yards, rec yards, TDs)
    WR and TE (recs, yards, TDs)
    DL (tackles, sacks, TFL)
    LB (tackles, sacks + TFLs, PDs + INTs)
    DB (tackles, PDs, INTs)

@BigPlayReceiver

With the 12th pick, I guess I'll be the fool and take Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama

@BigPlayReceiver

With the 16th pick, I'll take OJ Howard, TE, Alabama

@BigPlayReceiver

With the 47th pick, I'll take Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State

@BigPlayReceiver

With the 52nd pick, I'll take D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas

@BigPlayReceiver

Wife's pulling me out for dinner. Will pick 74 and 78 after the fact via Big Board.

@BigPlayReceiver

With my three picks at 122, I'll take...

Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
    Isaiah Ford, WR, Virginia Tech
    Desmond King, S, Iowa

@BigPlayReceiver