Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mike Wallace plans on 'cursing more people out'

Let 'em up Mike! Don't become a crazed-arsonist though...

From NFL.com
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ore-people-out

Thanks to the retirement of wide receiver Steve Smith, the Baltimore Ravens now have a shortage of quick-witted, trash-talking wide receivers.

Mike Wallace understands the void, and plans to fill it.

"I just have to curse a couple more people out, choke a couple more people out," Wallace said, via ESPN.com. "I was telling (receivers coach) Bobby Engram last meeting that I've got to come back in with a different attitude and I've got to start pushing people around a little bit more because Steve isn't going to be here and somebody has to do it. So, I'm going to take over that role. Breshad (Perriman), if he gets out of line, I'm going to smack him up a little bit."

It remains to be seen how desperately the Ravens will need a Smith replacement in their offense this year. After all, the team was first in the NFL in passing attempts last year and 30th in rushing attempts; a discrepancy new assistant head coach and former Bills offensive coordinator Greg Roman is trying to repair.

They will need to fill the attitude gap. Regardless of what the Ravens say, there was a dropoff in the identity department after Ray Lewis retired a few years back. Smith might be the only player we've seen in the last decade to come close to Lewis' bravado on the field. If Wallace is really up for the challenge, he'll have to start doing some people like dirt.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Re: Mike Wallace plans on 'cursing more people out'

Mike Wallace is out indefinitely after breaking his hand smacking Breshad Perriman for the 15th time at training camp.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Idk, Nothing worse than a fake tough guy, people see through it.

Players know players, and they find out what your made of real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Mike Wallace is out indefinitely after breaking his hand smacking Breshad Perriman for the 15th time at training camp.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

Wallace is an intense dude, but these comments are from his presser this week.
    It was all smiles and chuckles at the time, but I think Wallace knows he can't be Steve.

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

Wallace needs to focus on catching the ball, "BLOCKING" and giving every route he runs full effort because if any fan on this board watched him last year you already know what I am referring too. He gives half ass effort if the ball isn't coming his way.

He is a DVIA, Chad Johnson mold.

Not an in your face Steve Smith type and no one would take this guy seriously if he tried acting the part.

He might be the best WR on this team, but that isn't saying much. I will root for him every week. He is without a doubt the worst blocking wr and laziest route runner I have ever seen wear this uniform. I screamed at my tv bunch times last year watching him

He has all world talent, but he just doesn't seem to utilize it.

I remember Derrick Mason catching passes and blocking with 1 arm. I have never seen this guy give effort like that

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    He is a DVIA, Chad Johnson mold.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Fake Tough guy.

Don't you remember Johnson talking trash running his mouth all the time how he was going mess up Ray. Ray hit him one time, his helmet flew off and after the game Johnson was all humble about it.

Ray knocked the sense out of him.

Wallace is not a complete WR. He doesn't block worth a damn and he doesn't give it full effort unless he is getting the ball.

We need a leader, and sorry he doesn't fit the bill in my opinion. He isn't STeve Smith or a Boldin or even a Mason for that matter.

Just don't see it. I will root for him, but overall not a huge fan of Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Fake Tough guy.

Don't you remember Johnson talking trash running his mouth all the time how he was going mess up Ray. Ray hit him one time, his helmet flew off and after the game Johnson was all humble about it.

Ray knocked the sense out of him.

Wallace is not a complete WR. He doesn't block worth a damn and he doesn't give it full effort unless he is getting the ball.

We need a leader, and sorry he doesn't fit the bill in my opinion. He isn't STeve Smith or a Boldin or even a Mason for that matter.

Just don't see it. I will root for him, but overall not a huge fan of Wallace.
    Wallace doesn't trash talk and run his mouth though and certainly is not comparable to Chad Johnson, hence my confusion.

He may not be a complete WR at this point in his career, but he can still be a leader of the group. I don't really see any reason to doubt it - we're not in the locker room and have no idea what he's like.
    - Ray Lewis

Nm

Blog Entries

Then Perriman, while reeling from the blows, severely stepped on Campanaro's foot. Campy must now go through lisfranc surgery and will be out until he has to actually earn a paycheck... Bc

Don't joke about that shit man.