Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Mike Wallace plans on 'cursing more people out'

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Then Perriman, while reeling from the blows, severely stepped on Campanaro's foot. Campy must now go through lisfranc surgery and will be out until he has to actually earn a paycheck... Bc
    you too, BC I'm convinced it might happen. Why can't we have a funny Dean Pees joke, nobody cares if he's injured.

Great - now Wallace gets hurt and I'm blamed. THANKS A LOT SIZZLE

I kid I kid, I knocked on wood after I psoted.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSizzle55 View Post
    you too, BC I'm convinced it might happen. Why can't we have a funny Dean Pees joke, nobody cares if he's injured.
    OK, Dean Pees fell while reaching for the soap in his bathtub (went for it like Ray Lewis going for a fumble) and could not communicate for a week. It that week's game, the Ravens held onto a 4th quarter lead. John Harbaugh sent Pees a case of the same brand of soap the very next Monday... Bc

I don't get all the negativity about Wallace. He may not have what it takes to replace Steve Smith, much less Ray -- but WHO COULD? If he can instill an ounce of toughness and attitude in our WRs, then we're only 15 ounces short of a pound.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

When he did the Ravens podcast with Mink and the other guy, I left with a real good impression of him. Wallace is not an empty shell. He can be articulate, but he seems to prefer joking around and he very clearly had his tongue in check when he referenced replacing Steve Smith with cursing and such. I got his humor and I like it about him. I expected that as a former Steeler he would be a dunce, but he is clearly the opposite. I have no doubt he can be a good influence. My only concern is that they can build a playbook that starts to take advantage of the speed and size that is available on this team. I personally think Trestman explains most of the difficulties from last year, so I just hope Marty is looking carefully at how to get the most out of Wallace's speed and Joe's arm. Those two can combine to be a real threat in this league if it's done right.

LOT of people taking an obvious joke way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Fake Tough guy.

Don't you remember Johnson talking trash running his mouth all the time how he was going mess up Ray. Ray hit him one time, his helmet flew off and after the game Johnson was all humble about it.

Ray knocked the sense out of him.

Wallace is not a complete WR. He doesn't block worth a damn and he doesn't give it full effort unless he is getting the ball.

We need a leader, and sorry he doesn't fit the bill in my opinion. He isn't STeve Smith or a Boldin or even a Mason for that matter.

Just don't see it. I will root for him, but overall not a huge fan of Wallace.
    Chad never ever professed to be a tough guy? And why all the hate for Wallace. He did what he do last year.

Wallace or not, I don't know but he's definitely correct in stating that the attitude Smith brought needs to be replaced. Hell, even with Smith here we could have used some more attitude infusion. We need at least one on defense and one on offense.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!