Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 18192021 LastLast

Re: Flacco: We Don't Need Another Wideout

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    That's not MM imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it ultimately is. These are ideals. You don't throw in a white flag if the ideals aren't holding up, you keep trying to pass to win and sometimes you even succeed, but Marty has had his successes tied to a strong running game.

That's not MM imo

Which is my concern. However if he designs an offense that is good it can test if we can be a pass offense first.

Trestmans wasn't a good test because in general it was just so poorly designed

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    I think it ultimately is. These are ideals. You don't throw in a white flag if the ideals aren't holding up, you keep trying to pass to win and sometimes you even succeed, but Marty has had his successes tied to a strong running game.
    When was he successful running? It certainly wasn't the jets where they went 8-8 and 4-12 his two years there. It wasn't in Philly where they were about as pass happy as any team since the Run and Shoot Oilers

When was he successful running? It certainly wasn't the jets where they went 8-8 and 4-12 his two years there. It wasn't in Philly where they were about as pass happy as any team since the Run and Shoot Oilers

The Eagles 2007 - end of his time there they ran the ball effectively outsides of 2008 when Westbrook was winding down and 2009 when McCoy was a rookie.

I definitely wouldn't call them crazy pass happy though. McCoy's carries per game were down when they had Mike Vick but it was a different offense.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Flacco: We Don't Need Another Wideout

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The Eagles 2007 - end of his time there they ran the ball effectively outsides of 2008 when Westbrook was winding down and 2009 when McCoy was a rookie.

I definitely wouldn't call them crazy pass happy though. McCoy's carries per game were down when they had Mike Vick but it was a different offense.
    Here's an article right before he took over in New York
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...91115.amp.html

I've watched a ton of eagles games they are the primary team in my market and my girl use to bartend at an eagles bar. (Talk about obnoxious delusional fans. It's always there year coming up)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You based it off of what he's done with decent talent. You've never seen him with high quality pass catchers. You've never seen him with a top 5 PASS PROTECTION offensive line. You've never seen him with a pass first system built around his arm and what he excels at (Emphasizing the Sugar huddle for example). So how can you make such a broad assertion without those variables ever coming into play?
    I wouldn't want those investments at the expense of the defense. Look at Atlanta, I wouldn't want to be like them.

The New York Jets rushing attack was ranked 3rd overall in 2013 or 2014 if I'm not mistaken. Marty M ran a balanced offense his first two years with The Jets before being let go after Rex Ryan was fired. I don't know when Andy Reid gave Marty M play calling duties but 2011,2010,2007, and 2006 is when The Eagles ran more of balanced offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    The New York Jets rushing attack was ranked 3rd overall in 2013 or 2014 if I'm not mistaken. Marty M ran a balanced offense his first two years with The Jets before being let go after Rex Ryan was fired. I don't know when Andy Reid gave Marty M play calling duties but 2011,2010,2007, and 2006 is when The Eagles ran more of balanced offense.
    Middle of 2006 was when Reid handed it over. The purpose was quoted as being to implement a more balanced O.
    - Ray Lewis

Wait. Whut?

"The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    So kubiaks system was built around run first. Joe benefitted. Joe had his best season.

Yet you have a problem with building around the run? I just don't get that. I have zero issue building around the run.

Because the implication is being made without recognition of key variables that Flacco has not had at his disposal. It's not as if we're saying that we've seen Flacco in New Orleans Offense with Sean Payton, New England's Offense with Bill Belichick, Pittsburgh's offense with all of their offensive talent or in Cincinatti's offense with all of their surrounding talent or Green Bay's offense and all of their surrounding talent, and here in Baltimore with Kubiak's system, and that out of all of those we saw him in the one with Kubiak was best. No, that's not what's being implied here. Kubiak's is the only one of the bunch that I mentioned he was actually in, and that level of talent is the only one of the bunch I mentioned he actually had. He hasn't been seen in any of those other offenses or with better talent to make that determination. It's a blind statement, based off of what we've seen him in, especially considering we all agree that the talent he's been given to work with, from a passing perspective, has been decent at best, and as has the coaching.

What's being implied is that even though we haven't seen him in any of those other offenses or with those other higher levels of pass catching talent, we still believe he works best in Kubiak's system. It's ignoring an array of variables.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I wouldn't want those investments at the expense of the defense. Look at Atlanta, I wouldn't want to be like them.
    Here we go with this again. We're not even talking about that. Again, how can you make the assertion that you made, without those variables ever coming into play?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Wait. Whut?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!