Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 192021

Re: Flacco: We Don't Need Another Wideout

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Come on GWNR, you watched the games. You know it was an issue. You know much that put them behind the eight ball. And you know that since they don't have the type of talent that other teams have, they can't overcome those mistakes the way that other teams can. When you have a Beckham, you can overcome a false start, because Beckham can consistently take a five yard slant and turn it into a fifteen yard gain. The Ravens don't have that, haven't had that and are clearly not prioritizing having that. So, their margin for error is much much smaller. That's why drops matter more here. It burned me up when people would say 'Every team has drops'. Well every team doesn't have pass catchers who can take over games or even, at the very least, make up for them.
    The games I watched, holding seemed to be the killer as far as penalties go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    The games I watched, holding seemed to be the killer as far as penalties go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Holding was a big one. The team was pretty undisciplined in terms of committed penalties. It's been that way for the past 2 years.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Holding was a big one. The team was pretty undisciplined in terms of committed penalties. It's been that way for the past 2 years.
    And always at the worst times and it seemed a good deal of them were not even play side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Hey, I'd take him over MM and Trestman

Blog Entries

https://www.facebook.com/baltimorera...4723018436229/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Don't worry Mike Wallace says Moore is awesome.

He'll "step up"

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

8. Re: Flacco: We Don't Need Another Wideout

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You based it off of what he's done with decent talent. You've never seen him with high quality pass catchers. You've never seen him with a top 5 PASS PROTECTION offensive line. You've never seen him with a pass first system built around his arm and what he excels at (Emphasizing the Sugar huddle for example). So how can you make such a broad assertion without those variables ever coming into play?
    Joe had a top 5 o-line in 2014.

And the o-lines at the very beginning of his career (2008-2010) were good ones, say top 10-ish.
    The ones immediately after (2011-2012) were also good until somebody got hurt, then they were average (terrible depth).

It's not a coincidence that those are the seasons when the Ravens were winning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Joe had a top 5 o-line in 2014.

And the o-lines at the very beginning of his career (2008-2010) were good ones, say top 10-ish.
    The ones immediately after (2011-2012) were also good until somebody got hurt, then they were average (terrible depth).

It's not a coincidence that those are the seasons when the Ravens were winning.
    They were great in the SB run too

10. Re: Flacco: We Don't Need Another Wideout

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    They were great in the SB run too
    Obviously. But you can't count on Bryant McKinnie to play up to his ability once he got lazy again.

And yet, we did.

Also believing that Gradkowski was ready, even though we switched blocking schemes that season (MBS to ZBS)

I'd like to know who thought any of that would work. Castillo?