Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Thank You Dennis Pitta

At least that's what he's saying

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-r...ion-thank-yous

Dennis Pitta feels Brandon Williams owes him 2.5 million thank yous

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Tight end Dennis Pitta has an interesting theory about how the Baltimore Ravens used his $2.5 million pay cut.

"I think my money went to Brandon Williams," Pitta said with a smile. "He owes me something."
    On March 9, Williams became the NFL's richest nose tackle, reaching a five-year, $52.5 million deal with the Ravens. A day later, Pitta agreed to take a 45-percent pay reduction in the final two years of his contract, which freed up much-needed cap space for Baltimore.

Has Pitta approached Williams about getting some compensation?

"Yes, we will work it out on the side," Pitta said.

Pitta accepted the sizable pay cut after leading all NFL tight ends with 86 catches. No previous Ravens tight end had caught more than 75 passes in a season.

But Pitta ranked 28th among tight ends with 8.5 yards per catch last season and scored only two touchdowns. There was concern that he had lost a step after dealing with two hip surgeries.

This led to a compromise where he'll earn $2.5 million in salary this season, which ranks 18th among tight ends. The highest paid are Jimmy Graham ($7.9 million) and Jason Witten ($7.4 million).

So, the Ravens get to keep Joe Flacco top security blanket and Pitta doesn't have to start over somewhere else.

Re: Thank You Dennis Pitta

Ahhhhhhhhh dammit!!! The thread title made me think he had retired and for a moment I got excited imagining more of those 3 yard dump offs going to other players who might make something happen after the catch. Oh well. Thanks for the super bowl season Dennis, and for being Flacco's ongoing security blanket... I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhh dammit!!! The thread title made me think he had retired and for a moment I got excited imagining more of those 3 yard dump offs going to other players who might make something happen after the catch. Oh well. Thanks for the super bowl season Dennis, and for being Flacco's ongoing security blanket... I guess.

Thought the same. He'll have 90 catches this season now.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

4. Re: Thank You Dennis Pitta

I was about to say, this retirement came out of the blue, so what happ-

Oh, never mind.

Blog Entries

The title choice was shooting from the hip at us
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Thank You Dennis Pitta

It's like those thread titles when it says "so and so resigned" and it's actually "re-signed." Or when TL24x7 posted that Michael Jackson was "involved" in a fatal motorcycle crash (instead of "killed" in one), which made me think he might have been driving a car that hit a motorcycle and someone else died.

It makes you realize how precision in word choice can change entire meanings in small phrases. It's a good thing nobody uses small phrases that are so vulnerable to misunderstanding to announce big policy decisions or interact with nuclear powers...

Lol, anyways, sorry for the OT little rant. I used to write video game reviews for a magazine in my spare time so I still see little red annotations from my editor in my head sometimes.

I'm genuinely annoyed with the thread title. Thought he was hanging them up.

Would have been good news.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Love me some Dennis Pitta.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'm genuinely annoyed with the thread title. Thought he was hanging them up.

Would have been good news.
    At least I got you to look and respond ;)

They used to describe Todd Heap as a security blanket but that was for working the middle of the field catching every thing and getting clobbered. For Pitta is means catching 50 3 yards passes with no one covering him. It's so sad.

Reading the article I do wonder if Pitta understands that he would have been gone if he didn't take that pay cut. He didn't take less so they could sign Brandon Williams. He too less to stay employed.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    At least I got you to look and respond ;)

They used to describe Todd Heap as a security blanket but that was for working the middle of the field catching every thing and getting clobbered. For Pitta is means catching 50 3 yards passes with no one covering him. It's so sad.

Reading the article I do wonder if Pitta understands that he would have been gone if he didn't take that pay cut. He didn't take less so they could sign Brandon Williams. He too less to stay employed.
    Hahah mostly poking fun my friend.

If we could scheme even a little, Pitta could be quite useful over the middle. Have to actually use Wallace, Perriman and Moore to stretch the field though.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Thought the same. He'll have 90 catches this season now.
    Yes, he probably will, but for less than 300 yards... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Love me some Dennis Pitta.
    you sure do, joe