Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Your realistic, best-three options @16

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Its such a bad draft class for QBs. Argueably the best prospects can be had in rounds 2-3. Watson (personally dont like), Kizer, and Mahomes (who I think can be a NFL starter if he gets to sit a year)
    I think people are going to be very surprised at the early selection of QBs, especially Watson top 5

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think people are going to be very surprised at the early selection of QBs, especially Watson top 5
    I'm thinking 4 QBs go in the 1st round; 3 before #16.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
    - Davis
    - Barnett
    - Conley

Enough has been said about Davis and Barnett so I think those stand on their own. Regarding Conley, I know we've already invested a lot in the secondary this offseason, but it sounds like Conley could be the real deal at a premium position and we've learned that betting on Jimmy Smith to stay healthy tends not to be a winning proposition, so Conley could solidify the CBs longer term with Smith(health) and Carr(age) probably having limited shelf life.
    I would be concerned about the Conley pick. I've seen him mocked as high as 11th but then even into the second round. Lots projections to go in the twenties. Tells me that people are projecting him as a need pick to certain teams, and not as a truly blue chip pick. Kinda like projecting an OL to the Ravens based on need. I think you can fill corner needs later in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    If this happens, I'll be overjoyed. I think this is one of the worst QB classes in a long time. Mahomes who I think is the best NFL prospect, I would only expect to reach "NFL Starter" caliber for a few years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I would be concerned about the Conley pick. I've seen him mocked as high as 11th but then even into the second round. Lots projections to go in the twenties. Tells me that people are projecting him as a need pick to certain teams, and not as a truly blue chip pick. Kinda like projecting an OL to the Ravens based on need. I think you can fill corner needs later in this draft.
    Most draft pundits have Conley as a top 3 CB and some are saying he is the most NFL ready corner to start day 1. I don't know what isn't to like about him - tape is great, combine was great - ball skills, ability to play outside/inside as well as zone/man.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

1 - Mike Williams
    2 - Derek Barnett
    3 - TJ Watt (Dude is going in the top 20, you watch)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    1 - Mike Williams
    2 - Derek Barnett
    3 - TJ Watt (Dude is going in the top 20, you watch)
    I want Watt to the Ravens at 16.....think he will be the best OLB from this class.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    I wish I had your optimism but I don't see it at all

What teams take QBS ? please list

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    I want Watt to the Ravens at 16.....think he will be the best OLB from this class.
    I absolutely want Watt, but I don't see it at 16. Ozzie wont value him that high so without trading back later in the round I don't see it.

I think he will be gone by end of round 1. Our shot at him is small but I also want Watt

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    I'm coming around to this as well, unless you consider Garrett a 3-4 OLB. Bloodlines, production, work ethic. Look at his purported weaknesses: base too narrow (can be compensated with technique), doesn't play with enough bend (meh, he's not Von Miller, but his bro, Bosa, Chandler Jones, etc. don't have superb hip bend either), limited pass rushing arsenal (completely coachable technique), not a fast-twitch, quick-footed athlete (his combine results blow that notion away).

I'm only really concerned with the knee injury history.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I absolutely want Watt, but I don't see it at 16. Ozzie wont value him that high so without trading back later in the round I don't see it.

I think he will be gone by end of round 1. Our shot at him is small but I also want Watt
    Well obviously the Ravens will have their board and no one on here knows what that looks like but I do think that is the tough part about the 2017 draft. From really 7 to 50 there are alot of players with pretty much similar grades IMO. So what is considered a "reach" at 16 by some for Watt may be a great pick by others.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I wish I had your optimism but I don't see it at all

What teams take QBS ? please list
    Apparently Jags are thinking about taking one. They have had meetings/workouts with the top 5 QBs.