Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Your realistic, best-three options @16

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Pittsburgh has a near-term need too. Rumor is this is Ben's last year.

Also New Orleans, I haven't heard about Brees but he is getting ancient.
    Just reinforces my point. I believe there will be enough "dumb" picks for us to get a reall difference maker.' DO not trade down!
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Just reinforces my point. I believe there will be enough "dumb" picks for us to get a reall difference maker.' DO not trade down!
    This is my hope too. I think that even if the draft plays out in a normal manner, the Ravens will have a shot at a solid pick, but if two QBs are taken, plus one or two odd-ball picks, we can have a real difference maker fall into our laps... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I absolutely want Watt, but I don't see it at 16. Ozzie wont value him that high so without trading back later in the round I don't see it.

I think he will be gone by end of round 1. Our shot at him is small but I also want Watt
    I think there is a good chance Ozzie moves back. Improving our prospects in the 2nd or 3rd round is appealing. New York's GM at #23 says he wants to move up, and Houston at #25 is a candidate to move up. I really like Watt at #23.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Foster's explanation of his drug fuckup, along with his other odious behavior has him falling to the 3rd round for me, meaning we wouldn't get him.

My fresh top realistic three are:

Davis
    Barnett
    McCaffrey/Howard (tie)

If I took Howard at #16, I would also want a WR in round 2 (Samuel, Godwin, JuJu). I would trust DeCosta's judgment on whether or not to move up to get the last one of those three available as the 2nd round progresses. I would also want to unload Gillmore or Maxx in a draft day trade to improve our 2nd or 3rd round position. Which makes the Howard pick at #16 more problematic for me than the McCaffrey pick.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    I agree -- poor crop. But QBs in the 1st round are like gorgeous women -- some guys/GMs make an emotional choice, thinking with what's between their legs rather than what's between their ears. Don't mean to be condescending -- I made that mistake twice. Horrible ending, but, man, it was GREATwhile it lasted . . .
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Pittsburgh has a near-term need too. Rumor is this is Ben's last year.

Also New Orleans, I haven't heard about Brees but he is getting ancient.
    I wouldnt believe anything you hear about Big Jen. He's always playing the "Im hurt this year, IDK I might not be able to play well, I've been dealing with a lot of nagging hang nails, its amazing I'm still playing Right? Look at Me!" card since he's been in the league.

I do agree NO needs to think long term, but they have enough time to wait until 2nd round + to draft a QB to develop.

If I am NO and Mahomes is there in Round 2 or 3, I take him. This draft simply has so much talent on Defense, Its going to be hard to spend a Round 1 pick on a developmental player

Jonathan Allen
    Derrick Barnett
    Mike Williams

Throughout the process I've wanted Barnett or Williams, but Daniel Jeremiah predicted yesterday Allen would fall into the 20s. Holy crap! Shaq Lawson had a shoulder issue last year, went 19, and he isn't the prospect Allen is. And Gil Brandt just said he thinks Foster will fall out of the 1st round, so now I'm not even sure Foster would excite me.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Your realistic, best-three options @16

Quote Originally Posted by cleaver View Post
    Jonathan Allen
    Derrick Barnett
    Mike Williams

Throughout the process I've wanted Barnett or Williams, but Daniel Jeremiah predicted yesterday Allen would fall into the 20s. Holy crap! Shaq Lawson had a shoulder issue last year, went 19, and he isn't the prospect Allen is. And Gil Brandt just said he thinks Foster will fall out of the 1st round, so now I'm not even sure Foster would excite me.
    Speculating regarding your post (perhaps non-realistic) :
    What if the Ravens drafted WR Williams in the 1st and Foster dropped to our 2nd round (#47) pick? Would you choose him then? I would... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Speculating regarding your post (perhaps non-realistic) :
    What if the Ravens drafted WR Williams in the 1st and Foster dropped to our 2nd round (#47) pick? Would you choose him then? I would... Bc
    Sure, might have to give up a pick or 2 to move up 10 picks or so, like the Ravens did in reverse last year. I really don't think Foster goes 1st round now, Gil Brandt is usually right about that kind of prediction.

Top 3
    Christian McCaffrey
    Dalvin Cook
    Takk McKinley or Derek Barnett if top 2 RB's are gone.

Great defense with a good running game is what the Ravens have always done. Joe is what he is, he needs a running game to be successful. Time to get an elite back. Anyone who watched FSU play consistently knows how good Dalvin Cook is. Their best RB since Warrick Dunn.

Players I don't want
    Any of the WR's. You know our history drafting WR's. Besides, we already have Perriman, Moore, Reynolds....we need vets, not more guys that need to be taught.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinger35 View Post
    Top 3
    Christian McCaffrey
    Dalvin Cook
    Takk McKinley or Derek Barnett if top 2 RB's are gone.

Great defense with a good running game is what the Ravens have always done. Joe is what he is, he needs a running game to be successful. Time to get an elite back. Anyone who watched FSU play consistently knows how good Dalvin Cook is. Their best RB since Warrick Dunn.

Players I don't want
    Any of the WR's. You know our history drafting WR's. Besides, we already have Perriman, Moore, Reynolds....we need vets, not more guys that need to be taught.
    Who dey?

I think we need to bolster our oline before we look for a RB, just my opinion. I think West / Dixon can be average if the line is good.

A good line can make a RB great, a Great RB cannot make a bad oline good

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Who dey?

I think we need to bolster our oline before we look for a RB, just my opinion. I think West / Dixon can be average if the line is good.

A good line can make a RB great, a Great RB cannot make a bad oline good
    Fair enough. I would be ok if we drafted Cam Robinson in the first round. But if a bad o-line is your reason not to take a RB, how can anyone justify taking a WR with a bad o-line?

We are never going to have a great passing game with Joe at QB. I love Joe, but he is what he is. We can develop a great running game if we get an elite RB. McCaffrey or Dalvin Cook along with Woodhead would be dangerous in the short passing game too. West and Dixon just look like solid backup RB's to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinger35 View Post
    Fair enough. I would be ok if we drafted Cam Robinson in the first round. But if a bad o-line is your reason not to take a RB, how can anyone justify taking a WR with a bad o-line?

We are never going to have a great passing game with Joe at QB. I love Joe, but he is what he is. We can develop a great running game if we get an elite RB. McCaffrey or Dalvin Cook along with Woodhead would be dangerous in the short passing game too. West and Dixon just look like solid backup RB's to me.
    I'd be very satisfied if they got McCaffrey or Cook, especially McCaffrey. Need a playmaker with that first pick, either offense or defense.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!