View Poll Results: Id be pissed if Ravens select @ #16 ....

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Ross

12 22.22%
  • Christian McCaffrey

6 11.11%
  • O.J. Howard

10 18.52%
  • Reuben Foster

6 11.11%
  • Cam Robinson

24 44.44%
  • Ryan Ramczyk

15 27.78%
  • Jabrill Peppers

16 29.63%
  • Gareon Conley

5 9.26%
  • Charles Harris

4 7.41%
  • Write In Vote

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    It's gonna be Foster if he's available, otherwise the pick will be McCaffery.

Ravens FO sees him as addressing multiple concerns at the same time. They see Perriman as a WR 1, and McCaffery represents solutions to the sure-handed slot WR, KR, and RB playmaking roles at the same time, i.e. Value. Obviously has bloodlines (like Perriman, and Maxx), is intelligent and goes to a Div 1 school with good competition. Ravens scouts are in love with his intangibles and envision him as the missing link to take the O to the next level with his playmaking skills. Marty is lobbying hard for him.

Book it.

Ok so I have no inside sources and no contacts. Just a hunch. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Foster is gone because we need offense first

I got a gut feeling our pick will be mccaffrey as well. I think Harbaugh really likes him. At his pro day when they kept showing clips you kept seeing Harbaugh in the background

I think the front office covets them in this order. Davis, Mccaffrey, Williams

I would be happy with Mccaffrey, ecstatic with the other 2 as we need a #1 WR bad

I just got a feeling its Mccaffrey, and or Ozzie gets a kings Ransom from Denver. I hate Elway but Denver Radio is saying Denver eyeing trading with Ravens if Mccaffrey gets that far. heard it from a board member

Re: On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...

Ross is the new Perriman.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I hope Foster is gone because we need offense first

I got a gut feeling our pick will be mccaffrey as well. I think Harbaugh really likes him. At his pro day when they kept showing clips you kept seeing Harbaugh in the background

I think the front office covets them in this order. Davis, Mccaffrey, Williams

I would be happy with Mccaffrey, ecstatic with the other 2 as we need a #1 WR bad

I just got a feeling its Mccaffrey, and or Ozzie gets a kings Ransom from Denver. I hate Elway but Denver Radio is saying Denver eyeing trading with Ravens if Mccaffrey gets that far. heard it from a board member
    Makes sense. Ed McCaffrey was a legend in Denver. Bring in his son. Instant PR, and a playmaker added.

Makes sense. Ed McCaffrey was a legend in Denver. Bring in his son. Instant PR, and a playmaker added.

Yup, family is here and he also played HS football here. They have been yammering on and on about him all week on the radio out here. The thought process yesterday shifted to needing to get in front of Washington at 17, if Christian somehow makes out of the top 10. He's got good tape, nailed his pro-day and the combine and has NFL pedigree. The Ravens could do a lot worse at 16. As far as being able to use him, I don't think that would be an issue. According to plenty of folks on here, Joe is the checkdown king. But, if you check the ball down to a player with some actual elusiveness and talent, good things can happen(see Rice, Ray circa 2008-2012).

As far as the original topic, my pick would be John Ross. I don't believe he is Perriman 2.0 since the only ways they are similar is that they both have fast 40 times. I definitely would not spend the #16 pick in the draft on a guy with his injury history though. The Ravens need route running and toughness at the WR position. They already have speed with Wallace, Perriman and Chris Moore.

Blog Entries

McCaffery represents solutions to the sure-handed slot WR, KR, and RB playmaking roles at the same time, i.e. Value. Obviously has bloodlines (like Perriman, and Maxx),
    Does bloodlines include the first season on IR? *ducks*
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Does bloodlines include the first season on IR? *ducks*
    Lol well-played. They always seem to put emphasis on it in scouting reports, but yeah, it's definitely no guarantee. Any one of the people we pick could tear an ACL in training camp (Jaguars fans say heyyyyyy).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Disagree about Mccaffrey as well. This guy can be on the field every down as a WR or RB. He will be a playmaker for the right team
    McCaffrey has NE written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    McCaffrey has NE written all over him.
    They have a lot of maneuvering to do. They don't have a pick until pick #72. Their only option is to get a mid 1st round pick for Butler....which I doubt is going to happen.

I still think there's a better than not chance that we trade down to acquire more picks. If there are two or three pass rushers there at 16 that we like and have similar grades on, I think they'll move down to the low 20's in the hopes that they can still get one of them.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

10. Re: On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I still think there's a better than not chance that we trade down to acquire more picks. If there are two or three pass rushers there at 16 that we like and have similar grades on, I think they'll move down to the low 20's in the hopes that they can still get one of them.
    If there are still some QB's on the board the Texans will be the perfect trade partner IMO.

Re: On their way to the podium...poll

I voted Peppers. I like him, but don't think we'd know how to use him. Probably ask him to bulk up and play DE.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Re: On their way to the podium...poll

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    I voted Peppers. I like him, but don't think we'd know how to use him. Probably ask him to bulk up and play DE.
    LOL, I voted Peppers too. Don't know if he's a Safety, ILB, or a breath mint. Anyway, we (Pees) wouldn't know what to do with such a weapon and would probably ruin his career before it got started... Bc