View Poll Results: Id be pissed if Ravens select @ #16 ....

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Ross

12 22.22%
  • Christian McCaffrey

6 11.11%
  • O.J. Howard

10 18.52%
  • Reuben Foster

6 11.11%
  • Cam Robinson

24 44.44%
  • Ryan Ramczyk

15 27.78%
  • Jabrill Peppers

16 29.63%
  • Gareon Conley

5 9.26%
  • Charles Harris

4 7.41%
  • Write In Vote

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Right tackles shouldn't be picked that high. They are almost always available later.
    Fluker was a top 20 pick IIRC and he only played RT at Bama. Robinson has started LT since freshmen year. No chance he isn't drafted top 18.

Re: On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Right tackles shouldn't be picked that high. They are almost always available later.
    Doesn't Dallas have a RT that was picked pretty high? Seems to have worked out for them.

On paper, yes, this draft may not be the best time to select a RT with a high pick.

I'd have no issue if the Ravens took a linemen at 16, assuming there's value in the pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Fluker was a top 20 pick IIRC and he only played RT at Bama. Robinson has started LT since freshmen year. No chance he isn't drafted top 18.
    How did that pick turn out? Fluker ended being cut by the team that drafted him. He signed a 1 year $3 million contract with just $1.5 guaranteed. In other words he was a huge bust. That could be part of the equation when teams are looking at another Alabama RT who is even as good a prospect as Fluker was.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Doesn't Dallas have a RT that was picked pretty high? Seems to have worked out for them.

On paper, yes, this draft may not be the best time to select a RT with a high pick.

I'd have no issue if the Ravens took a linemen at 16, assuming there's value in the pick.

Green was a 3rd round pick. Doug Free who was the RT before Green was a 4th round pick. 3rd and 4th is not the same as a taking a guy mid 1st round

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Green was a 3rd round pick. Doug Free who was the RT before Green was a 4th round pick. 3rd and 4th is not the same as a taking a guy mid 1st round
    Ok. I wasn't sure.

Still, if there's value in it, I have no issue with a team taking a linemen in round one. Doubtful it happens next week though.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How did that pick turn out? Fluker ended being cut by the team that drafted him. He signed a 1 year $3 million contract with just $1.5 guaranteed. In other words he was a huge bust. That could be part of the equation when teams are looking at another Alabama RT who is even as good a prospect as Fluker was.
    I was arguing that RT's have and will be taken this high, not that we should or shouldn't. Bottom line, I think Robinson is a much better prospect than Fluker.

I voted for Ross. It's not that I would be okay with them drafted either tackle. But I'm confident they won't. And are usually pretty good at assessing offensive linemen.

But they absolutely suck at assessing receivers, and John Ross strikes me as a Ravens mistake waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I voted for Ross. It's not that I would be okay with them drafted either tackle. But I'm confident they won't. And are usually pretty good at assessing offensive linemen.

But they absolutely suck at assessing receivers, and John Ross strikes me as a Ravens mistake waiting to happen.
    Agreed. Speed at the WR position does not excite me as much as CATCHING THE DAMN BALL does. They need a guy that can run routes, get open and make the catch. They have plenty of speed already.

J
    J
    S
    S

9. Re: On their way to the podium...poll

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I picked the o-linemen because I don't think there are any o-linemen worthy of being in the top 16 of this draft. And I picked McCaffery and Peppers for the same reason -- they do not have defined positions, and I don't think the Ravens are the best team to make use of their skills.
    I'm not as concerned about McCaffery as Peppers because while Pees would not use Peppers correctly (if at all) Mornhinweg has shown he knew how to get the most out of Brian Westbrook when they were with the Eagles.

In fact, Westbrook had his three best seasons under Marty (2006-2008).
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...W/WestBr00.htm
    Last edited by PerpetuallyBored74; 04-23-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I was arguing that RT's have and will be taken this high, not that we should or shouldn't. Bottom line, I think Robinson is a much better prospect than Fluker.
    You are very probably correct that Robinson is better than Fluker, but the latter is the quintessential straw man. If Robinson cannot pass block in college, how attractive is he in the first round?
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    You are very probably correct that Robinson is better than Fluker, but the latter is the quintessential straw man. If Robinson cannot pass block in college, how attractive is he in the first round?
    He's still a top 3 OT prospect in this draft. When premium positions are weak they tend to be overdrafted or reached on.

Robinson seems like a primary candidate to be a reach.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Fluker was a much better college player than Robinson. An argument can even be made that Barrett Jones was better.