Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: How 'bout them O's!

What do you guys think of Machado's comments?

And Jones?

I remember Jones accused the Toronto fans of racial slurs. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but if you've ever been to Toronto you'd know that the city is not predominately white. When I go to games it's all sorts of races and I would imagine if there were racial slurs at the players other fans would take issue. I'm not sure what it's like in Boston, but it is interesting that Jones has come out publicly. It is somethign that needs to change and maybe this is taking the right step towards that change.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    What do you guys think of Machado's comments?

And Jones?

I remember Jones accused the Toronto fans of racial slurs. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but if you've ever been to Toronto you'd know that the city is not predominately white. When I go to games it's all sorts of races and I would imagine if there were racial slurs at the players other fans would take issue. I'm not sure what it's like in Boston, but it is interesting that Jones has come out publicly. It is somethign that needs to change and maybe this is taking the right step towards that change.
    Both places threw stuff so it's not hard to believe. I've heard pretty reprehensible stuff at Camden Yards too.

they have thrown at Manny FIVE times since his slide

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    I agree with Machado. Hit him, take the revenge and move on.

It's getting ridiculous at this point.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    Yeah, that's just straight BS.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Ravenswintitle;1248734]This Red Sox series is nuts! racial slurs, throwing at heads, and they're are two more games left![/QUOTE

Sorry for the following non-sports commentary. Remember the busing riots of the 70's? Arrogant, smug, pretentious.............bastards, you get the point. Ted Williams gets a tunnel named after him. Bill Russell who?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Davis deal myself but I don't think you can call him a liability... He's played a great first base and saved a good bit from our Infielders this year. I do think he could be dropped in the line up but we all know that's just not Bucks style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Signing Davis is a damned if you do, damned if you don't. The fans were looking to see if Petey would open the wallet when it mattered and signed Davis and Jones. I'm glad he did. I don't know if money alone is enough to keep Manny. IDK, but I feel his sees NY is a national stage to showcase his ability.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I agree with Machado. Hit him, take the revenge and move on.

It's getting ridiculous at this point.
    In all fairness Bundy did throw at Betts and missed and then went right back in and hit him.
    Sale was spot on last night if he wanted to him Manny he would have. I think it was a warning shot to let the Orioles know we don't care what the story is hit ours we are hitting yours.
    The only thing in this whole mess that was wrong was the head hunting. Sale didn't bother me to much because he would have hit him if he wanted to. But he def threw behind him to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    In all fairness Bundy did throw at Betts and missed and then went right back in and hit him.
    Sale was spot on last night if he wanted to him Manny he would have. I think it was a warning shot to let the Orioles know we don't care what the story is hit ours we are hitting yours.
    The only thing in this whole mess that was wrong was the head hunting. Sale didn't bother me to much because he would have hit him if he wanted to. But he def threw behind him to make a point.

I fail to see that Bundy hitting Betts was intentional- you don't put a guy on deliberately with a 2-0 lead in the 6th with a heating up power hitter in Hanley Ramirez in the on deck circle.

End of the day the Red Sox threw 5 times at Manny- it's not his fault they missed with each one. Way I see it (and I have to say I think throwing at a player is childish in situations like this, especially when Pedroia has said himself he had no problem with the slide) is you get one shot- throw at him once and move on.

Off topic.... Asher pitched a heck of a game. Hard to beat Sale even if your offense is rocking. I figured we would loose because Sale was pitching. Kudos to Asher for his efforts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Gibson needs to plunk someone tonight. Maybe two

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Gibson needs to plunk someone tonight. Maybe two.
    I don't know who "Gibson" is, but anyone who thinks more throwing at batters is a good idea is nuts.