Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast

How 'bout them O's!

Ok, we have an NBA thread, an NHL thread and the O's forum on here is dead as dogs*t. Meanwhile, they've started off with a great record and absolutely trolled the Blue Jays at this point. I'm starting to feel embarrassed for my friend in Toronto who posts when their games start but on the other hand I can't help but to pointedly refer to them as the BJs because they suck.

Re: How 'bout them O's!

Same formula that has been working for them for years. Bullpen is stellar, and they are going to mash their way to enough wins. If the starting pitching can be merely adequate (and if Bundy can be the ace that he looks like) we have a great shot at the postseason again.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Same formula that has been working for them for years. Bullpen is stellar, and they are going to mash their way to enough wins. If the starting pitching can be merely adequate (and if Bundy can be the ace that he looks like) we have a great shot at the postseason again.
    I'm excited to get Tillman back and in the rotation

Candidly, I'm thinking the bullpen is not quite as strong. Britton has gotten results but has flirted with trouble and is now on DL although that should not be long term. Others have had some shaky moments too.

And then there's Ubaldo, unable to hold a 9 run lead.

But overall I think they are better overall in some areas than last year, such as (dare I say it) catcher. I believe they will once again shatter the ridiculous "expert" preseason predictions.

Mancini

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Its early. Our all-or-nothing offense will struggle and we'll go several stretches struggling to score a run. On the other hand, if Archer continues to pitch like he did yesterday, we may have 3 decent starters.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Mancini
    Mancini .... wow!

======================================================================================

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    we may have 3 decent starters.
    3 decent starters would be 2 more than last season.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

gotta love a Sunday Easter Bundy! 🐇😎

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    gotta love a Sunday Easter Bundy! 🐇😎

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I understand my prematurity in saying this but I think, barring injuries, we have a team that can go the distance. Whooping up on Toronto is a very good indicator. They always have our number. We're loaded with youth and vets, solid top to bottom. Love Mancini and Bundy.

The AL East is brutal once again, this year maybe moreso than any time since 2012. The Red Sox are a top flight squad and both the Yankees and Rays look much stronger than in recent years. The Jays on paper are probably the best team behind the Red Sox, but their awful start and injuries to Donaldson, Sanchez, and Happ has knocked them down a lot. Still, I'd be surprised if they don't end up at least around .500.

It's gonna be a dogfight all year long. We really need Bundy and Gausman to step up and be the aces they were always supposed to be - so far so good on that count. If so, they'll at least be in the wildcard conversation all year long.

Boom boom Mancini! Jay jay Hardy! Crush Davis! Maneeee machaaaadoo! I love these birds in my lil mo voice!!!