Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Korea

Blog Entries

Re: North Korea

China just refused a shipment of coal from NK, and will buy from US(way to go Trump) so hopefully that's a start as far as China putting some pressure on NK to knock it off. Trouble is, Kim Jong Un is nuts and who knows what he will do.

https://investmentwatchblog.com/chin...-coal-instead/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I never claimed it would be like bombing Syria. None of what you say here changes the equation. If we chose to, we could wipe NK off the map in very little time. Now I'm not saying it's likely to happen or anything. I'm simply saying that compared to their military, ours is light years ahead of theirs.

And no, it wouldn't mean war with China or Russia. China is every bit dependent on us as we are on them. And Russia could give two shits about NK.
    You are dreaming if you think that NK would not retaliate to a attack from us, the way that Syria didn't retaliate. Of course we would win a war with just NK, but that isn't the point. We would win a war against any country in the world. NK would retaliate by doing a lot of harm to South Korea and Japan, which would prompt a further escalation from us. You are wrong if you think that China and Russia would just stand by and allow NK and SK to be united into a combined pro-US country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Those ICBMs (assuming NK really has them) that NK showed during their military parade today look a lot like missiles that the Soviets used to display during their military parades. Is it possible that the Russians have been helping NK with their missile program? Having a proxy state attack your enemy saves yourself from being directly harmed.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    You are dreaming if you think that NK would not retaliate to a attack from us, the way that Syria didn't retaliate. Of course we would win a war with just NK, but that isn't the point. We would win a war against any country in the world. NK would retaliate by doing a lot of harm to South Korea and Japan, which would prompt a further escalation from us. You are wrong if you think that China and Russia would just stand by and allow NK and SK to be united into a combined pro-US country.

Again, your putting words in my mouth. I never once said that NK wouldn't retaliate. I have little doubt they'd try to do something, mostly to South Korea.

Their ballistics missiles can barely reach Japan, let alone reach it with accuracy. Japan and SK are close enough to where they couldn't use their nukes. They would simply be screwing themselves if they let off a nuke. Not to mention, we'd obliterate them the second they spin up their nukes anyway.

Their only course of action is conventional warfare and they know it. All this saber-rattling isn't doing a thing but making them look bad and boosting Un's ego. NK has been a thorn in the side of China and Russia isn't any sort of ally to Un. Neither would lose sleep if this turd got smoked.

Speaking of NK's missile capabilities ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ile-fails.html

The Chinese and Russians are up to no good. We are posturing at the sino Russian conglomerate, with the North Koreans simply being the pretext to take them both out. WW3 is coming

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Speaking of NK's missile capabilities ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ile-fails.html
    This test failed, but Kim Jong Un has held more missile tests than his father and grandfather combined. They aren't going to stop trying to get workable ICBM technology. I have also heard news reports that NK may conduct another nuclear test. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to take attention away from this failed missile test.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    This test failed, but Kim Jong Un has held more missile tests than his father and grandfather combined. They aren't going to stop trying to get workable ICBM technology. I have also heard news reports that NK may conduct another nuclear test. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to take attention away from this failed missile test.

The nuke rumor were leading up to their yearly celebration of national pride. They typically do some sort of show of military strength and people believed this year, he'd do another underground nuke test.

He opted for this missile test and it failed. Spectacularly. Yes, now that he has been embarrassed yet again, he may still have a nuke test. I kind of hope he does. Fissionable material doesn't grow on trees. And yes, he's done a ton of tests before but that only makes my point. Many of those tests have failed too and the ones that were "successful", only showed he can't hit Japan with any sort of accuracy.