Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Has there ever been a bigger hypocrite than Pocahontas?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That's kind of my point.

I'm Sicilian...I guarantee I can find minority lineage in my family tree. Lol. Any of us could.

That's what I despise the most about leftist ideology. They want to point at all of the hypocrisy from conservative thinkers (and there is a lot), but then they act like people Bernie Sanders, Nancy Pelosi, and Elizabeth Warren are the greatest things since pants with pockets.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    The Republicans blocked Obama's pick using the Biden Rule, which was that a lame duck President shouldn't nominate a SCOTUS. Not to mention Obama attempted to filibuster Alito in 2005.

Yeah, I can see where this is going.
    There's no such thing as the Biden rule, or there wasn't until the Republicans made one. Biden had a hypothetical conversation about something that never even got enforced or was relevant. It's not a rule until its actually used, which the Republicans did.

Also, almost a full year before the end of your term is hardly a lame duck president. Why can't you just admit that the Republicans engaged in complete obstructionism? It's the truth at the end of the day. Also, what does Obama trying to filibuster someone have to do with anything? You realize that's exactly what the filibuster exists for right?

The Republicans didn't even give Garland a hearing. They just refused to even consider him. That's never happened in the history of the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    There's no such thing as the Biden rule, or there wasn't until the Republicans made one. Biden had a hypothetical conversation about something that never even got enforced or was relevant. It's not a rule until its actually used, which the Republicans did.

Also, almost a full year before the end of your term is hardly a lame duck president. Why can't you just admit that the Republicans engaged in complete obstructionism? It's the truth at the end of the day. Also, what does Obama trying to filibuster someone have to do with anything? You realize that's exactly what the filibuster exists for right?

The Republicans didn't even give Garland a hearing. They just refused to even consider him. That's never happened in the history of the Senate.
    That was absolutely ridiculous. Shoot him down if you want, but it is their job to give a hearing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    That was absolutely ridiculous. Shoot him down if you want, but it is their job to give a hearing.

"If someone steps down, I would highly recommend the president not name someone, not send a name up," Biden said. "If he [Bush] did send someone up, I would ask the Senate to seriously consider not having a hearing on that nominee."

Biden, 1992
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

From a strict Constitutional standpoint, it's actually at the Senate's discretion when and if to hold hearings. They're under no obligation to hold confirmation hearings.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    "If someone steps down, I would highly recommend the president not name someone, not send a name up," Biden said. "If he [Bush] did send someone up, I would ask the Senate to seriously consider not having a hearing on that nominee."

Biden, 1992
    SENATOR MITCH MCCONNELL:​ You don’t fill Supreme Court vacancies in the middle of a presidential election. That’s what Joe Biden said back in 1992. And he’s the chairman of the Judiciary Committee.​​
    CHUCK TODD: So is this the policy? Should that be the policy?​​
    SENATOR MITCH MCCONNELL: We knew exactly —
    CHUCK TODD: Should that be the policy going forward? Are you prepared to pass a resolution that says, “In election years, any Supreme Court vacancy,” and have it to be the sense of a Senate resolution that say, “No Supreme Court nominations will be considered in any even-numbered year.” Is that where we’re headed?​​
    SENATOR MITCH MCCONNELL: ​Chuck, with all due respect, that’s an absurd question. We were right in the middle of a presidential election year. Everybody knew that neither side, had the shoe been on the other foot, would have filled it. But that has nothing to do with what we’re voting on this year. Why don’t we talk about what we’re voting on this week. And that’s this extraordinarily well-qualified nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court.​​
    There you go, there's no such thing as the Biden Rule right from Mitch McConnell. However, now that there is one, I expect the GOP to also abide by it (yeah right), and not nominate any candidates for the last year of the Trump presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    From a strict Constitutional standpoint, it's actually at the Senate's discretion when and if to hold hearings. They're under no obligation to hold confirmation hearings.
    Correct, but once again, precedent is a huge part of the Senate. This has happened exactly 0 times before.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Correct, but once again, precedent is a huge part of the Senate. This has happened exactly 0 times before.
    Both parties have stink on them with SCOTUS nominees but if you want to start the precedent argument, you can blame the Dems for starting this nonsense.

Bork should have been a Justice but Biden and Kennedy started making hay of appointments.

Blog Entries

Is that the Rooney rule of politics?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Is that the Rooney rule of politics?
    Nope. Just functioning government.

Smile Re: Has there ever been a bigger hypocrite than Pocahontas?

I love Elizabeth Warren. One of those from God who stands up for the working middle class! Keep fighting workers and annihilate the hypocrite (R)'s, the group/party who posit propaganda and rhetoric. (I generally do not support Trump, but love what he did to the FBI Director who did NOT do his job.)

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Elizabeth Warren doesn't give a damn about the hoi poloi in the middle class. I get the perception that those that vote for people that don't think like her are idiotic rednecks and those that do vote for people like her are useful idiots.