Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: U.S. launches airstrikes in Syria

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Kind of interesting when you have guys like Graham, Rubio, and McClain all taking the same position as CNN...

Also, I just thought of this, but remember when Trump was going on and on about how dumb Obama and his military strategists were for talking about military strategy and operations before they took place? And then he goes and does the same thing?
    They've always been hawkish.

And yes, the hypocrisy of Trump is glaring.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I believe this whole attach was a calculated strike, more of a show of force and a punishment for using chemical warfare than it was to damage Assad's military might. Killing Russian forces is in nobodies best interest right now and I'm sure the US knew Assad would know ahead of time that the strike was coming, thus the low casualty number. It was mainly to show the world that there is a new administration in town that has a very different foreign policy than we had the last 8 years.
    What punishment? That airbase will be operational by the end of the week. The planes that were damaged (if any were indeed damaged) will be replaced in the same amount of time. The runway looks as though it can be used right now.

I agree that's what this President believes this strike does those things you mentioned. Problem is it doesn't. Syria hated us before. They hate us now. Russia is now more pissed off. And, as if we are not already stretched too thin as it is in the middle east, we are now in the middle of one of the most complex civil wars the world has ever seen.

We need to get the fuck out of the middle east. Totally. We have enough oil in the reserve and in our own soil to never have to rely in the ME ever again. Shit, just in Texas alone last year, a new reserve was found that would keep the US in crude for the next 50 years.

If Syria and the ME want to keep killing one another, fine. They broke it, they can buy it with their own lives.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    What punishment? That airbase will be operational by the end of the week. The planes that were damaged (if any were indeed damaged) will be replaced in the same amount of time. The runway looks as though it can be used right now.

I agree that's what this President believes this strike does those things you mentioned. Problem is it doesn't. Syria hated us before. They hate us now. Russia is now more pissed off. And, as if we are not already stretched too thin as it is in the middle east, we are now in the middle of one of the most complex civil wars the world has ever seen.

We need to get the fuck out of the middle east. Totally. We have enough oil in the reserve and in our own soil to never have to rely in the ME ever again. Shit, just in Texas alone last year, a new reserve was found that would keep the US in crude for the next 50 years.

If Syria and the ME want to keep killing one another, fine. They broke it, they can buy it with their own lives.
    Here here!

Amen.

Let them figure that shit out. Better yet, let Europe, Turkey, and Israel figure that shit out over there.

We need to take a more serious stab at getting away from oil anyway.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

HR, where are you seeing pictures? I searched on google and couldn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    HR, where are you seeing pictures? I searched on google and couldn't find anything.
    Not the greatest, but Yahoo has an article showing drone footage from Russian military.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/6c9249a...sts-drone.html

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Holy fuck, the last two lines of this is the most refreshing thing I've read in a while.

Could not agree more.

Not really any of my business regardless, when it comes to military action Canada hides behind the US. But from my perspective, I just don't see why the US is involved.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here here!

Amen.

Let them figure that shit out. Better yet, let Europe, Turkey, and Israel figure that shit out over there.

We need to take a more serious stab at getting away from oil anyway.
    :word

Blog Entries

Russia is pretty pissed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

War makes money. Money makes bankers happy, the rich get richer while sons and daughters go give their lives so they can make more money, we are potentially flirting with a WW3...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    War makes money. Money makes bankers happy, the rich get richer while sons and daughters go give their lives so they can make more money, we are potentially flirting with a WW3...

I don't see it. The Russians act tough, and to a degree they are, but I don't think they want war with us.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/count...pare+Countries

These strikes are not about sarin gas and chemicals. It's a lot controlling the world. Russians are desperate and shit might get real, real soon!

U.S. launches airstrikes in Syria

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't see it. The Russians act tough, and to a degree they are, but I don't think they want war with us.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/count...pare+Countries
    Nope. The Russians spent years trying to fight in Afghanistan, losing thousands of their best troops in the process.

We marched in there after 9/11 and mopped them up with almost little effort. They saw it and it humbled them. Our troops, for right or wrong, have been in perpetual combat ever since and are now seasoned for combat for a generation.

There will never be a conventional war with the Russians. They know we'd plow through them like a hot knife through butter.