Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: ESPN says Mangold visiting Bmore

It's a lot like bringing in Jake Long last year. They gave him a look, but he wasn't healthy and they didn't take the risk.

It will be the exact same thing.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It's a lot like bringing in Jake Long last year. They gave him a look, but he wasn't healthy and they didn't take the risk.

That's a good point, if there is any concern they'd likely ask him to sign a waiver.

PFF has him ranked as the 25th out of 38 qualifying centers. http://nfltraderumors.co/ravens-brin...mangold-visit/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

:word that's where I'm at. I don't expect Mangold to become a rock. I think he can provide somewhat better performance than Zuttah at this point in his career.
    That's all we can really ask for at this point. If he can provide a better boost than Zuttah, all the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You don't sign a guy because of what he was two years ago. It's about what he can do in the future. Mangold hasn't shown he can stay healthy, that's the concern, plus his age and $$. I'll be surprised if they sign him but like I said, if they do I trust that they did their evaluations and are OK with the risk.
    Exactly. There's a reason teams aren't beating down Mangold's door and throwing buckets of money at him. I actually hope the Ravens pass on Mangold, but if they do sign him I'll cross my fingers for a cheap deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That's a good point, if there is any concern they'd likely ask him to sign a waiver.

PFF has him ranked as the 25th out of 38 qualifying centers. http://nfltraderumors.co/ravens-brin...mangold-visit/
    Good points.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    :word

The fact he got hurt doesn't worry me. The fact he keeps re-inuring the same ankle during his rehab is what concerns me.
    Yup.

Again, I think all of us skeptics hope we are wrong, but I'm concerned. We'll see. Like the other moves, the FO clearly are putting their chips on the table this offseason, we'll see if it pays off. If it doesn't, changes will be made.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Exactly. There's a reason teams aren't beating down Mangold's door and throwing buckets of money at him. I actually hope the Ravens pass on Mangold, but if they do sign him I'll cross my fingers for a cheap deal.
    People weren't exactly beating down Williams door in FA either doesn't mean he's not a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yup.

Again, I think all of us skeptics hope we are wrong, but I'm concerned. We'll see. Like the other moves, the FO clearly are putting their chips on the table this offseason, we'll see if it pays off. If it doesn't, changes will be made.
    Yup. Which I think we're all fine with. It's almost a win-win.

Either the team becomes a playoff team or the team gets the changes that could give them a boost moving forward.

Personally, I love Harbs and I think he gets a lot of hate unreasonably (like starting threads about his comments on Kaep - silliness), but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't like to see a change. That being said, I'm not naive to think that change = automatic improvement.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

eeh neither hot or cold on this, I was for it earlier in the year but after looking back on what he has done in the last 2-3seasons I'm not over-joyed about it, if he is fully 100% healthy a change of scenery might benefit him and the Ravens, it would be an instant upgrade to Zuttah out the gate if Mangold is 100% healthy. But what is he asking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    eeh neither hot or cold on this, I was for it earlier in the year but after looking back on what he has done in the last 2-3seasons I'm not over-joyed about it, if he is fully 100% healthy a change of scenery might benefit him and the Ravens, it would be an instant upgrade to Zuttah out the gate if Mangold is 100% healthy. But what is he asking for?
    We really can't afford ot pay him much. We have like 7M in cap space and need 5M for rookies.

I think - Where Brian at?
    - Ray Lewis

:word that's where I'm at. I don't expect Mangold to become a rock. I think he can provide somewhat better performance than Zuttah at this point in his career.
    I agree. I'm not worried about his health because whatever if it is that it was injury where he got rolled up on

really the amount of money and guarantees is going to be the question. if he is willing to take a modest deal that is really limited risk and you gotta take a shot. And I'm honest I don't mean peanuts IE the veteran minimum I just mean three to five million a year Max limited guarantees maybe incentives

We really can't afford ot pay him much. We have like 7M in cap space and need 5M for rookies.

I think - Where Brian at?
    Jernigan getting traded would have freed up some money too.