Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 37 to 43 of 43

Thread: Matt Skura

  1. #37

    Re: Matt Skura



    PFF Draft Analysis of Skura. Rated as 3rd best C last year behind Kelly and Martin

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...-skura-c-duke/


    Ourlad's Draft Review
    Ourlads' Analysis:

    2016 Guide: What Ourlads' NFL Scouting Services said about MATT SKURA: Duke, 6033 305 5.39. Three-year starter from Columbus, OH. Plays in a spread system where he majors in the shotgun snap. An angular wall off blocker who will waist bend instead of moving his feet at times. The first team All-ACC center is a zone blocker who takes good angles and can cut off the front side penetration. Quick first step as he shotgun snaps. Blocks well with angles. Hustles down field to get ahead of the play. Good combo blocker. An alert blocker who helps his guards on blitz pickup. Mirrors and walls off blitzing linebackers. Works to leverage a bull rush tackle with knee bend. Effective second level blocker. Has good weight room strength but needs more functional lower body strength and balance to make an NFL roster. OSR:36/47. Seventh round/PFA. (A-33 3/8, H-10 1/8, BP-27, 10-1.84).
    Last edited by Mark; 03-22-2017 at 03:53 PM.





  2. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    27,966
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Matt Skura

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    PFF Draft Analysis of Skura. Rated as 3rd best C last year behind Kelly and Martin

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...-skura-c-duke/


    Ourlad's Draft Review
    Ourlads' Analysis:

    2016 Guide: What Ourlads' NFL Scouting Services said about MATT SKURA: Duke, 6033 305 5.39. Three-year starter from Columbus, OH. Plays in a spread system where he majors in the shotgun snap. An angular wall off blocker who will waist bend instead of moving his feet at times. The first team All-ACC center is a zone blocker who takes good angles and can cut off the front side penetration. Quick first step as he shotgun snaps. Blocks well with angles. Hustles down field to get ahead of the play. Good combo blocker. An alert blocker who helps his guards on blitz pickup. Mirrors and walls off blitzing linebackers. Works to leverage a bull rush tackle with knee bend. Effective second level blocker. Has good weight room strength but needs more functional lower body strength and balance to make an NFL roster. OSR:36/47. Seventh round/PFA. (A-33 3/8, H-10 1/8, BP-27, 10-1.84).
    Nice find, thanks for posting.

    I told you guys he needs to do more squats.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  3. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle River
    Posts
    7,220
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Matt Skura

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Nice find, thanks for posting.

    I told you guys he needs to do more squats.
    Too late to start now
    Either he has done the squats on PS and the weight room, or he ends up with squat
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old





  4. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    14,392
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Matt Skura

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Too late to start now
    Either he has done the squats on PS and the weight room, or he ends up with squat
    LOL, you've been having fun in the pun department I see... Bc





  5. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In a van down by the rivah
    Posts
    1,343

    Re: Matt Skura

    Not enough squats? Sounds like we're skur-ewed.





  6. #42

    Re: Matt Skura

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    PFF Draft Analysis of Skura. Rated as 3rd best C last year behind Kelly and Martin

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...-skura-c-duke/


    Ourlad's Draft Review
    Ourlads' Analysis:

    2016 Guide: What Ourlads' NFL Scouting Services said about MATT SKURA: Duke, 6033 305 5.39. Three-year starter from Columbus, OH. Plays in a spread system where he majors in the shotgun snap. An angular wall off blocker who will waist bend instead of moving his feet at times. The first team All-ACC center is a zone blocker who takes good angles and can cut off the front side penetration. Quick first step as he shotgun snaps. Blocks well with angles. Hustles down field to get ahead of the play. Good combo blocker. An alert blocker who helps his guards on blitz pickup. Mirrors and walls off blitzing linebackers. Works to leverage a bull rush tackle with knee bend. Effective second level blocker. Has good weight room strength but needs more functional lower body strength and balance to make an NFL roster. OSR:36/47. Seventh round/PFA. (A-33 3/8, H-10 1/8, BP-27, 10-1.84).
    I know arm length measurements are often inconsistent, but this is 1 and 7/8" shorter than what I've seen posted for Skura elsewhere (35 1/4"). I sent a Twitter message to Matt directly and he said the weight was incorrectly recorded at 329, but all other measurements including arm length were correct.

    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ura?id=2555402

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...=2016&genpos=C

    The second source calls his length "adequate" but it's in the 98th percentile for centers.





  7. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,074

    Re: Matt Skura

    More I see about Skura, the more I think he could surprise folks.

    That being said, C is a hard position to fill so my hopes aren't high
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland