Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries

Re: Updated Draft Needs

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    Since we picked up Carr, a player we had before...
    We signed Brandon Carr, who played for the Chiefs and Cowboys, you must be thinking of Chris Carr who played for the Ravens (2009 - 2011)... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    Good logic. Since we picked up Carr, a player we had before, I have no problems with us drafting a WR in round one. Yes, I am no longer in Smith's corner with his penchant to get injured, so a CB is still very high on our need's list being that the NFL is a passing league. I still expect Ozzie to wheel-and-deal on draft day like he has before. We have enough draft picks for Ozzie to get the players that the Ravens want through draft-day deals.
    ??? The Carr we had before has been retired for 4 or 5 years

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    ??? The Carr we had before has been retired for 4 or 5 years
    Are the related?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    We signed Brandon Carr, who played for the Chiefs and Cowboys, you must be thinking of Chris Carr who played for the Ravens (2009 - 2011)... Bc

Thanks for the correction on my name error.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Are the related?
    I do not think that Brandon Carr and Chris Carr are related. I also doubt that either one is related to QBs Derek Carr or David Carr.

There have been 21 players in the history of the NFL named Carr. I have no idea how many are related, though.

Blog Entries

I would still like to see us grab a corner and an edge rusher, then a wide receiver.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I do not think that Brandon Carr and Chris Carr are related. I also doubt that either one is related to QBs Derek Carr or David Carr.

There have been 21 players in the history of the NFL named Carr. I have no idea how many are related, though.
    There's also :

Vikki Carr... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    There's also :

Vikki Carr... Bc
    Ahhh Bc is being carful
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Ahhh Bc is being carful
    LOL, or is that "Carr-ful?" ... bc

Blog Entries

I think you can get by with an average or below average RT. I think you can get by with Suggs/Judon/Correa for this year, with these DBs. I don't think you can get by or expect to have a successful offense with the receivers they currently have. Perriman would need to make a substantial leap forward, as would Moore and/or Campanero, and you'd have to essentially go 16 games without an injury. None of this is things I would consider likely to happen. I think we've been through enough years of expecting Flacco to make chicken salad out of chicken shit to know it's not going to happen.

The OP is hard to answer because of the failures or presumed failures of recent drafts. What is Correa? Is he what we drafted him to be? Our young edge pass rusher??? Or is he the ILB? Trust....with the failure of Arthur Brown, Correa will be given every opp to prove that the FO didn't miss on another 2nd rd LB. So IMO many in the castle are believing that we have our pass rusher already in house.

Along with WR we have also failed at TE. What is Maxx Williams? Is he depth or starter? We know what he was drafted to be but eye ball test says otherwise right now. Gilmore and Boyle are redundant. Pitta can't block and is an injury risk. ALL of them are slow footed and can't attack downfield.

With all that being said, if the FO is also on the hot seat, they need to be aggressive this year and get a true #1 receiver. Cory Davis or Zay Jones. Receivers known for their hands, large catch radius and route running. They need to improve the TE position. More explosion. A Jordan Leggett maybe in the 3rd.

But the bottom line is there are too many presumed misses from recent drafts to gauge need. Because they may feel we have addressed the WR need (Perriman) TE need (Williams) and pass rusher (Correa). More out of stubbornness than anything else.

My list:

WR
    Pass Rusher
    CB
    FS/TE