Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacing Guy

Blog Entries

Replacing Guy

One of my favorite players in the NFL has just been released. The Redskins cut Ricky-Jean Francois. Francois is someone I've seen since he first started in college. He's never been a great player but he has a great player work ethic. When LSU won the National Championship it was Francois who was named MVP and not the flashier players.

This guy hustles! Every down he goes to the whistle and has no problem doing the dirty work that we need a 3-4 DE to do. He'll eat blockers and force the running back to the edge. Just like Guy, Francois won't make any highlight reels but he can serve an essential role and teach guys like Carl Davis and hopefully Timmy Jernigan a little something about what it takes to play the D-line. I doubt he'll cost much and if the price is right we could fill a hole that no one is talking about and does need to be filled.

2. Re: Replacing Guy

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    One of my favorite players in the NFL has just been released. The Redskins cut Ricky-Jean Francois. Francois is someone I've seen since he first started in college. He's never been a great player but he has a great player work ethic. When LSU won the National Championship it was Francois who was named MVP and not the flashier players.

This guy hustles! Every down he goes to the whistle and has no problem doing the dirty work that we need a 3-4 DE to do. He'll eat blockers and force the running back to the edge. Just like Guy, Francois won't make any highlight reels but he can serve an essential role and teach guys like Carl Davis and hopefully Timmy Jernigan a little something about what it takes to play the D-line. I doubt he'll cost much and if the price is right we could fill a hole that no one is talking about and does need to be filled.
    Posts like these are one of the many reasons why I love this board. Thx Gota...About to YouTube your man now.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Replacing Guy

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Posts like these are one of the many reasons why I love this board. Thx Gota...About to YouTube your man now.
    LOL Amish, GOTA is one of the best/smartest top posters on this board. When he talks, I...

Hmmm, don't have as much hair as I used to, but my hearing is still good... Bc

Blog Entries

He definitely fit the mold of the type of player we would target in FA. He wouldn't cost a ton of money, he would be an immediate contributor to the defense, he brings veteran presence with great work ethics. It would fit their nice under the radar signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he better than Urban?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

He's got the attitude and motor that Harbs likes. I think he was widely misused in DC.

I'd be all for it assuming it's a team friendly deal.

Time for Carl Davis to put up or shut up
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LOL Amish, GOTA is one of the best/smartest top posters on this board. When he talks, I...

Hmmm, don't have as much hair as I used to, but my hearing is still good... Bc
    Thanks for the kind words.

What I love about sports is that you can be a fan of certain players who never be the best or even really good but they still do a lot that is truly inspiring and a lot of fun to watch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Thanks for the kind words.

What I love about sports is that you can be a fan of certain players who never be the best or even really good but they still do a lot that is truly inspiring and a lot of fun to watch.
    You're welcome, and deserve them!

Lawrence Guy fits your description. One of those 'under the radar' players who really gives meaning to the word "depth." Sorry he left the Ravens, but am happy for him to get paid well.
    ... Bc

Blog Entries

Loved guy he is a blue collar lunch pail dude. Would be great to find another

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

All for it. Was pissed we couldn't keep him around when he was on our PS
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Weren't we supposedly interested in him as a FA a year or two ago?

I have mixed feelings. We've drafted guys like Carl Davis, Willie Henry, Karl Urban, and Bronson Kaufusi relatively high, and those guys need snaps. RJF could probably help, but it might be too crowded of a rotation.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...