Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Hightower Contract - A Preview of Mosely?

Donta Hightower just received $43.5 million with $19 guaranteed. Next year is the 5th year option for Mosley which I think we all expect the Ravens to pick up. After that are we looking at a Hightower type contract? Given the Pro Bowls he's been to you have to figure that Mosley would be asking for that at least. It's very similar to how everyone looked at Snacks Harrison and knew that Brandon Williams would get something similar. Anyone think this plays out any differently?

Re: Hightower Contract - A Preview of Mosely?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Donta Hightower just received $43.5 million with $19 guaranteed. Next year is the 5th year option for Mosley which I think we all expect the Ravens to pick up. After that are we looking at a Hightower type contract? Given the Pro Bowls he's been to you have to figure that Mosley would be asking for that at least. It's very similar to how everyone looked at Snacks Harrison and knew that Brandon Williams would get something similar. Anyone think this plays out any differently?
    I think you're bang on. Mosely looked good this year. He had a sophomore slump and looks like he worked out of it.

I think he'd really flourish with a more athletic ILB beside him than Orr (Not criticzing Orr - he was very helpful last year).

I think he absoultely seeks that type of money and I think, similar to Williams, we are going to be pretty on board with signing him. I hope htey're trying to sign him this year rather than waiting, but I doubt they can afford it.

We have no ILB on the roster that replaces him. Really nerve wracking.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I think you're bang on. Mosely looked good this year. He had a sophomore slump and looks like he worked out of it.

I think he'd really flourish with a more athletic ILB beside him than Orr (Not criticzing Orr - he was very helpful last year).

I think he absoultely seeks that type of money and I think, similar to Williams, we are going to be pretty on board with signing him. I hope htey're trying to sign him this year rather than waiting, but I doubt they can afford it.

We have no ILB on the roster that replaces him. Really nerve wracking.
    At least at that point they'll be able to cut Williams and put the cap savings towards Mosley ;)

At least at that point they'll be able to cut Williams and put the cap savings towards Mosley ;)
    Fuck eh. Watch Pierce develop too.... god damnit.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Just curious who everyone thinks is the better player Hightower or Mosley?

Unless he has a poor year in his walk year, I think you're spot on. Here's the thing - do they offer him an extension now in line with what Hightower got (or perhaps after this season), and lose these last one/two years of him being cheap, or do they extend him after the 5th year and pay more assuming the market continues to rise in the next two years? Would they pay more in the long run extending him now (or after this season before the 5th year kicks in), or wait until he is due for FA? I'm inclined to let him play out the cheap rookie deal.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Just curious who everyone thinks is the better player Hightower or Mosley?
    I think it's Hightower but that doesn't seem to matter when it comes to contracts. Jamie Collins got significantly more than Hightower did. It's so ridiculous that I don't see that as the barometer for ILB contracts. Mosley is close enough to ask for the Hightower deal

Yeah...In my opinion, Mosley is a very good player, but not a great player (I feel the same way about Hightower for that matter).

I would not pay Mosley a top-of-the-market type deal.

Blog Entries

Mosley is close enough to ask for the Hightower deal
    This is also my thinking, adding that the $alary cap will be going up too. Moseley is going into his 4th year, but there's a 5th year option to follow. If he has his "average" year in 2017, the Ravens may not have much choice but to extend him. Why not, he will only be 26 in 2018, and it's prudent to keep your cornerstone players during their best years (2nd contract)... Bc

Mosley > Hightower. I think CJ is going to positively blow up this year, and we'll then reward him when the time comes. He is a Ravens "second contract" player.

Realistically the Ravens would have the cap space to sign him. I am expecting that the Ravens will probably release Weddle going into 2019. Suggs will be off the books. Yanda and Jimmy smith will be up in years with big cap numbers in 2019 as well.

Moseley is more valuable to me because of his ability to play the pass and I think he is a better pass rusher than he gets credit for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Fuck eh. Watch Pierce develop too.... god damnit.
    LOL yea he is and probably is going to have more of an inside rush presence than B Will ever had and we won't be able to sign him because we already spent money on B.Will...not to stray from the thread...