Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Torrey Smith Anyone?

Steve Smith, Sr. broke the news that the 49ers are releasing Torrey Smith.

Any takers?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Torrey Smith Anyone?

Sure, as long as the price is right.

Come back home Torrey

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Sure, as long as the price is right.
    :word

If he is coming back, it should be to compete for the third or fourth receiver spot. We should be acquiring someone else (either FA or draft) and said player, along with Wallace and Perriman, would all be ahead of Torrey on the depth chart. If Torrey is willing to accept those terms and be paid accordingly, I would love to have him back. The familiarity with Joe can't hurt, and it he is a quality human being. If he can come in here and earn his reps and get back to being 1000-yard-Torrey, that's a win for everybody. Maybe it makes Wallace expendable in 2018.
    "Chin up, chest out."

The guy's a good person and he's a quality deep threat, but we already have Wallace and Perriman and Torrey was never a possession receiver. Unless the Ravens are planning on parting with Wallace, pass.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

for the right price i'd be cool with it.

Blog Entries

It may give them a little bargaining leverage with Wallace if nothing else. But I wouldn't be surprised to see another team make Smith an offer that's too rich for the Ravens

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Torrey Smith was the first Receiver we drafted who actually who made some significant contributions. That last season though (his contract year), was pretty bad. By the end of the season (or I should say after he gave up on that Flacco pass that was intercepted by the Patriots, effectively ending the game) I wanted him out. He was hot & cold all season, whining of Facebook constantly, and he just didn't seem to have his head in the game most of the time. I remember some of us debating what his issues could have been because that's pretty strange for a guy in his contract year. I like Torrey Smith, but given Wallace and Perriman's presence on the team I don't see him coming back at all. What's the point of having three inconsistent speed guys at wide receiver when we need to find a consistent possession receiver? I wouldn't have an issue with them bringing him back for the right price I just don't see it.
    Last edited by Stone; 03-06-2017 at 06:30 PM.
    "How do we know he is not Mel Tormé?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    The guy's a good person and he's a quality deep threat, but we already have Wallace and Perriman and Torrey was never a possession receiver. Unless the Ravens are planning on parting with Wallace, pass.
    Torrey was probably my last favorite Raven, now I don't have one, but we have to much of his type already. To sign Torrey, they might as well try to help Aiken get past his hurt feelings and keep him. I honestly don't think the gap between pay for Torrey and Mike will be significant enough to justify the drop in productivity going from Wallace to Smith. Wallace, even at this point, is clearly the better player.... he always has been. I am sticking with Wallace and that is coming from a Torrey fan boy, I used to defend that guy like Ex defends Flacco.

can't believe I'm saying this as a huge Torrey fan but I prefer Wallace. if there's a way to have both though...🤔

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We need a tough slot receiver with great hands in the Boldin, Mason, SSSr mold. Torrey is definitely not that.

But sure would be great to have him back in purple. Wallace, Perriman, and Torrey going deep would tire out some DBs!

Blog Entries

I'd welcome him back. For sure.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.