Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The temptation of drafting John Ross

It must be there after the combine for some of you. It definitely is for me. It isn't just combine speed either, he is fast in pads aswell.

Imagine going 3 wide with Wallace, Perrimen and Ross. That would cause all kinds of nightmares if used correctly (big IF). I realise that CB and pass rush are higher needs, and we'd be missing out on a posession type receiver, but that's why you use your TEs and try and re sign Kamar Aiken, or try to sign Boldin again.

Folks I'm not saying this is what we should do,but it certainly would be exciting. Particularly if we could trade back a few spots and get Ross in the 20s.

Re: The temptation of drafting John Ross

Fast guys are supposed to run fast. I'd be more impressed if he was touted as a slower WR who came in and ran fast.

Al Davis ruined his reputation as a player evaluator because all he did was focus on speed, speed, speed.

Fact is there's plenty to be concerned about with Ross, his size and multiple knee operations beings two of them. And didn't he end his combine because of an injury?

I don't know as much as the other guru's around here but I'd be shocked if the Ravens took him at 16. There's got to be someone with better size and not a history of being injured.

Blog Entries

Yes that would either be Mike Williams or Corey Davis, but neither are likely to make it to 16. Like I said, I'm not saying we should do it, and if we did I'd prefer it if we traded back and took him. OJ Howard is another dilemma.

Blog Entries

The injury thing concerns me; just too many. No doubt the dude can fly

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

After experiencing the annoyance of Campy (A player who is actually pretty skillful but cant stay healthy over 3 years) I want no part in Ross.

If he falls into the 3rd round (he likely doesn't fall out of the 1st) I'd do it, but no way am I going with him in the first 2 rounds.

He could prove me wrong, but I can't see it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Tearing an ACL doesnt worry me at all. tearing meniscus's in both knees on top of that does. that would leave me to see it as a more chronic issue than just an ACL, like something isnt structurally sound. Plus they usually repair them by simply trimming them, worst case micro fracture surgery, which hes also had already.

He may be a first round talent, but id expect him to fall some because of his medical.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

No way should a good Combine performance change a draft board. A bunch of guys in shorts not playing football can only tell you so much. Honestly where you listen to the teams they seem more interested in the official height, weight and measurements than in any of the drills.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No way should a good Combine performance change a draft board. A bunch of guys in shorts not playing football can only tell you so much. Honestly where you listen to the teams they seem more interested in the official height, weight and measurements than in any of the drills.
    The medicals and the interviews. That's what the scouts want out of the combine; the rest is of minimal value

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

More interested in the PSU receiver at this point. We're more in need of a possession guy than anything else

Blog Entries

I'm not interested in Ross. Yea, his speed is incredible, but that injury history...

Plus, the Ravens don't need another speed guy. They need a guy that can run a damn route and be a red zone threat.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The medicals and the interviews. That's what the scouts want out of the combine; the rest is of minimal value
    True. I should have added the interviews. Those are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    :word