Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Sally Boynton Brown (Running for DNC Chair)

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/23/wh...le-down-video/

"My job as DNC Chairman will be to shut other white people down when they want to interrupt."

LMAO...What?!

:insane:

Imagine if someone that leaned right said this about black people...or women...or anyone. There would be a huge uproar.

...So, who's racist again?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Sally Boynton Brown (Running for DNC Chair)

I got what she was trying to say so I don't think she's a racist. If you go to the YouTube video, she clarified her comments.

She's just a terrible speaker. And last I read, she's nowhere close to getting the job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I got what she was trying to say so I don't think she's a racist. If you go to the YouTube video, she clarified her comments.

She's just a terrible speaker. And last I read, she's nowhere close to getting the job.
    I dont know man. I don't think it matters.

If I said that about Black folks, regardless of context, how do you think that would go over?

If you were to publicly say that about women, regardless of context, how do you think that would go over?

I do agree that she's not going to get the job. I just can't wrap my head around how some people get passes for saying shit like this, but then Mitch McConnell and GOP'ers in Congress get the sexist/racist flag thrown in their face because they told Elizabeth Warren to knock it off.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

If I said that about Black folks, regardless of context, how do you think that would go over?

If you were to publicly say that about women, regardless of context, how do you think that would go over?

I do agree that she's not going to get the job. I just can't wrap my head around how some people get passes for saying shit like this, but then Mitch McConnell and GOP'ers in Congress get the sexist/racist flag thrown in their face because they told Elizabeth Warren to knock it off.
    She reminds me of exactly what Trump does.

He says something that makes zero sense to people and sounds horrible, but then there's backpedaling because "that's not actually what he meant"

People are just really shitty speakers sometimes.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

The problem I have with both sides when it comes to race is a lack of context when someone even mentions race. Your McConnell example is perfect.

Nobody read into the context and were reactionary to McConnell's simple comment about race. Same applies here. Watching the full video, the context to me was clear that she wasn't being racist. She's just a shitty speaker and somewhat trying to pander the audience.

But I do agree there's a double standard on the left when it comes to race. They feel they're the only ones smart enough or entitled to speak on the subject, yet after 50 years of ruining our minority communities in the inner cities into the ground, they're the least qualified IMO to speak on the subject.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

People are just really shitty speakers sometimes.
    Look no further than Ray Lewis. Very passionate, inspiring speaker. Articulate, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Look no further than Ray Lewis. Very passionate, inspiring speaker. Articulate, not so much.
    Agreed. He was brutal as a commentator.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Speaking of poor speakers, here's another example.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/23/na...llinois-video/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post

Alternative fact

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The problem I have with both sides when it comes to race is a lack of context when someone even mentions race. Your McConnell example is perfect.

Nobody read into the context and were reactionary to McConnell's simple comment about race. Same applies here. Watching the full video, the context to me was clear that she wasn't being racist. She's just a shitty speaker and somewhat trying to pander the audience.

But I do agree there's a double standard on the left when it comes to race. They feel they're the only ones smart enough or entitled to speak on the subject, yet after 50 years of ruining our minority communities in the inner cities into the ground, they're the least qualified IMO to speak on the subject.
    :word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post

That's funny. Pelosi thought Bush was the President last week.

Let's see if Dems are crazy enough to vote Keith Ellison in there. Guy is a bomb thrower.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    That's funny. Pelosi thought Bush was the President last week.

Let's see if Dems are crazy enough to vote Keith Ellison in there. Guy is a bomb thrower.
    Ellison is going to win. Count on it.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller