Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Political Commentators

Who do you all listen to regularly?

I've recently started listening a lot to Ben Shapiro. I know he may not be well liked by a lot of folks, but I kind of appreciate his stance on a lot of things - especially when it comes to social justice warriors.

And I know I'll catch some flack for it, but I do listen to Real Time with Bill Maher. He's super liberal with a few dashes of libertarian to him (although he'd never admit it), but I appreciate that he tries to have conservative guests on too that disagree with his ideology.

I try to listen to both sides of an argument or "the aisle", so to speak.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Political Commentators

I listen to Ben too. I don't agree with him on a lot of stuff, but his anti-SJW and political correctness is great stuff.

The Rubin Report on youtube is a great show IMO. If you like long form interviews, where the host actually lets the guest talk and doesn't devolve into a shouting match, you'll like Dave Rubin. He frequently has guests on that he doesn't agree with. Shapiro has been on twice. Dave used to be on The Young Turks but had a very public falling out with them when TYT when extremely far to the left. The show was apart of Larry King's network for awhile but now is independent and completely crowd funded.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Im a big fan of Ben too. He's part of that old guard at Breitbart that got canned and they actually cared about the truth, unlike the Bannon led Trumpette's they have over their now. His interview with Piers Morgan when they discussed gun control was a thing of beauty. He eviscerated Morgan.

I too like to listen to all sides, but not Maher. He's more about getting the good laugh than he is about standing up for his beliefs. When he gets cornered, two things happen: He insults the person who cornered him and that person never comes on the show again.

Dr. Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams and Dr Maddow over at MSNBC get regularly attention from me. In the car, I will listen to NPR on occasion but none of their commentators are impressive.

I still think the best bang for your buck show is Special Report on FNC, especially the last 20 minutes where they have their round table. It's the only show I will watch on FNC and they take great care to give all sides from three different perspectives.

Another commentator I like is Maajid Nawaz.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Who do you all listen to regularly?

I've recently started listening a lot to Ben Shapiro. I know he may not be well liked by a lot of folks, but I kind of appreciate his stance on a lot of things - especially when it comes to social justice warriors.

And I know I'll catch some flack for it, but I do listen to Real Time with Bill Maher. He's super liberal with a few dashes of libertarian to him (although he'd never admit it), but I appreciate that he tries to have conservative guests on too that disagree with his ideology.

I try to listen to both sides of an argument or "the aisle", so to speak.
    Shapiro is a very sharp guy. I have heard Maher refer to himself as Libertarian before, and he can be quite funny but his audience and panels are a little one sided.

Dennis Miller can be pretty entertaining and I always loved him on SNL.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Im a big fan of Ben too. He's part of that old guard at Breitbart that got canned and they actually cared about the truth, unlike the Bannon led Trumpette's they have over their now. His interview with Piers Morgan when they discussed gun control was a thing of beauty. He eviscerated Morgan.

I too like to listen to all sides, but not Maher. He's more about getting the good laugh than he is about standing up for his beliefs. When he gets cornered, two things happen: He insults the person who cornered him and that person never comes on the show again.

Dr. Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams and Dr Maddow over at MSNBC get regularly attention from me. In the car, I will listen to NPR on occasion but none of their commentators are impressive.

I still think the best bang for your buck show is Special Report on FNC, especially the last 20 minutes where they have their round table. It's the only show I will watch on FNC and they take great care to give all sides from three different perspectives.
    God that vid just makes me want to reach through the screen and smack Pierce Morgan right in his fucking face. I can't stand that dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Not sure if he falls under political commentator, but I was a massive Jon Stewart fan. Didnt alwasy agree with him, but his opinions/values were always consistent and he went to battle over his beliefs. I respect that. I also liked how I could actually learn something wathcing his show while enjoying the comedic side as well.

When you watch guys like that with your own opinion in mind it cna be very rewarding.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I don't pay attention like I used to (job and kids take most of my time).

Jason Lewis out of Minnesota was great but he's now a congressman. I really like Chris Plante out of DC, but I haven't listened to him in years.

Mark Davis out of Dallas is decent.

Mark Levin is not bad. But, no one is conservative enough for him, it can get kind of annoying.

My problem recently is I kind find anyone that doesn't annoy the piss out of me. O'Reilly is a douche, Hannity is a partisan hack, Maddow too. Glenn Beck is a tool

You have to take everything with a grain of salt who's job it is to talk politics. I mean, it's the same as the 24 hour news cycle, if there was nothing to talk about, they'd be unemployed.

That being said, I've always enjoyed Rush Limbaugh, he spends a lot (sometimes too much) defining liberalism but, I find him funny, so if I listen I at least get a laugh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Not sure if he falls under political commentator, but I was a massive Jon Stewart fan. Didnt alwasy agree with him, but his opinions/values were always consistent and he went to battle over his beliefs. I respect that. I also liked how I could actually learn something wathcing his show while enjoying the comedic side as well.

When you watch guys like that with your own opinion in mind it cna be very rewarding.
    I almost listed him. I watched for a bit cause I thought he was funny. Then I noticed when he was wrong he hid behind "I'm a comedian".

I remember years ago (like 5/6)Sean Hannity had a show where he caught Obama in a li. Stewart did a show about Hannity's and left some shit out to make it appear like Hannity was making shit up, when after researching it, it was actually Stewart. But he didn't have to be honest, cause "Hey, it's comedy"

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    God that vid just makes me want to reach through the screen and smack Pierce Morgan right in his fucking face. I can't stand that dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Takes smug to a whole new level, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I almost listed him. I watched for a bit cause I thought he was funny. Then I noticed when he was wrong he hid behind "I'm a comedian".

I remember years ago (like 5/6)Sean Hannity had a show where he caught Obama in a li. Stewart did a show about Hannity's and left some shit out to make it appear like Hannity was making shit up, when after researching it, it was actually Stewart. But he didn't have to be honest, cause "Hey, it's comedy"
    I feel like he acknowledges that though. It's like the Crossfire show, he was trying to hold the guys on real news networks accountable for their role. Whenever someone delegitimizes him because he's a comedian he kinda says yeah, but I do a bette job than you, so how does that make you look?

He's not perfect, but he did a very good job for a lot of years. The show where he took over for Colbert for the monologue and proved how brutal Fox News and Sean Hannity are for basically criticizing Obama for certain things when they praised Trump for the same thing was brilliant.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Takes smug to a whole new level, doesn't he?
    He just looks smug too. When ever I think of a smug look on someones face I jsut think of Piers Morgan lol
    - Ray Lewis