Way OT, but it's offseason: I got some really bad news yesterday. A very good friend of mine just became very ill. No details were given, but it does not look good. They annually rent a condo in Florida for 4 months, but came home early for 15 medical appointments.

The stink of this is that this woman and her husband lead an incredibly healthy lifestyle, no smoking, do not drink, and are completely meticulous about their diet & exercise routines.

Anyway, here's where you fine folks can help them out. After the doctor visits, they are heading to Germantown, MD to visit relatives. The husband asked me if I could recommend some retreat-type short vacation spots within a 3-4 hour drive from there, maybe somewhere in Western MD or NVA. He didn't seem interested in the shore, as I think they know people in Chincoteague.

I'm pretty much out of the loop since I moved out of town and spend all my down time in OC, so if a few of you could recommend some nice spots for my good friends, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!