Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Blow it all Up!

1. Re: Blow it all Up!

I wouldn't be opposed to blowing it up either. Those shitty drafts are coming back to haunt us. The money we had to spend to cover up misses in the draft is crushing. Maybe Harbs can convince Ozzie/DeCosta to blow it up, give him some breathing room to groom a competitive team in 2018. If that were the case, I'd also try to convince Ozzie/DeCosta to not fuck up the draft like most they have most of recent history.

Re: Blow it all Up!

The thing is, releasing the guys in Hensley's article and my post on the last page isn't "blowing it up." Most of those guys are dead weight and don't offer much on the field. Blowing it up would be releasing all those guys plus Weddle, Smith, Suggs, Yanda, Wallace, Flacco, etc. I don't think anyone with any sense wants to see that.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

NFL teams generally "blow it all up" every season. The average NFL career is what 3-4 years? NFL teams generally have a ton of roster turnover year-year.

To me the nuclear option is gutting the FO and coaching staff which obviously isn't going to happen and shouldn't. If the Ravens have a sub-par 2017 season, I think they should seriously consider firing Harbs and the entire staff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    NFL teams generally "blow it all up" every season. The average NFL career is what 3-4 years? NFL teams generally have a ton of roster turnover year-year.

To me the nuclear option is gutting the FO and coaching staff which obviously isn't going to happen and shouldn't. If the Ravens have a sub-par 2017 season, I think they should seriously consider firing Harbs and the entire staff.
    This

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I was one of the few that viewed that presser as an eyeroller 'tell the fans what they want to hear to appease them' event. Much ado about nothing IMO.

Biscuit is not Harb's manager, he owns the team. He'll make decisions when situations deem needed but I think he is very patient.
    So agree. It was presser one could read anything into like tea leaves. If we're left to debate the finer points and parsing potential changes like what was implied as hot seats then we're all just left with speculating. Nothing I heard led me to think anything other than what we have is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Keep in mind that the present $15M is before RFA/ERFA tenders and other adjustments are factored in. Depending on who they tender, that $15M is likely to drop to more like $5-8M.

They can still, obviously, create that kind of additional Cap space if they want, but as usual, Hensley is missing some details.

For a more detailed breakdown: http://russellstreetreport.com/2016/...eason-preview/
    Imagine that...Hensley taking a short cut!

FYI...to help with your who should stay or go debate: LINK

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Taliaferro....yeah....he gone. Not sure how he's managed to stick around for so long. Talk about a training room resident....
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Taliaferro....yeah....he gone. Not sure how he's managed to stick around for so long. Talk about a training room resident....
    He may eventually be gone in August/Sept, but there's really no reason to get rid of him now. The Cap savings versus the Rule of 51 replacement makes for only a net savings of ~$200K, so there's no Cap reason to release him. He may very well not be good enough to make the final 53, but that decision can wait.

OTOH, the net Cap savings from the other 9 listed - after the Rule of 51 adjustment - is ~$28.5M!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap