Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question London or Green Bay?

Schedule release in a couple of months, but knowing that the Crows will be playing across the pond causes some early decisions to be made on roadtrips. A game in London is definitely a unique experience, but one that probably takes a little more planning and cost than usual. They'll also be traveling to hallowed football ground in Green Bay which is a unique experience in and of itself, and one, chances are they won't be doing for another 8 years. They're also doing some interesting things to Lambeau and the Titletown area, adding a park with a football field and ski lodge with a sledding hill ( http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...f-ab3e340ae30b). Hope the game is toward the end of the season to get the full frozen tundra experience.

Funds won't allow for two trips, although if I choose London, I'd make some other European stops. Which one would you pull the trigger on, or any other roadies you've got your eyes on?
    "The Ravens could employ a war criminal and they would treat him like a f**king prince just because the rest of the world disapproved."

Re: London or Green Bay?

Trigger already pulled.

Going to London. I do want to catch a Ravens game one day in Green Bay but London may never happen again.

And I've been to Green Bay a few times. There's not much to do there outside the game. Even in nearby Milwaukee, the fun stuff is limited. It's almost better to stay in Chicago and drive up for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 404Blackbird View Post
    They'll also be traveling to hallowed football ground in Green Bay which is a unique experience in and of itself, and one, chances are they won't be doing for another 8 years.
    Well, unless the Packers or the Ravens change conferences, or GB hosts a Super Bowl, I'd say the chances are 0%

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Going to do GB, I have to take a Xanax to survive a flight to Orlando, there is no way I would be able to do an overseas flight.

Also not at a point in my life where I have the disposable income to take a trip to London if I wanted to.

Blog Entries

London is a lot more than a game. Green Bay isn't. If it was my decision London would win hands down. It's one of the greatest cities on the planet.

Blog Entries

I have been fortunate enough to have gone to London several times. If you have never been and you have a chance to go - do it. Personally, I'd skip the football game and spend money seeing things that you'll never forget. Ride the Underground, see some sights

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Also not at a point in my life where I have the disposable income to take a trip to London if I wanted to.
    I am at the point where I have plenty of disposable income. My wife and her sister seem to be disposing of it on a regular basis... Bc

Already committed to London. That visit was supposed to have been extended by another week or two to visit friends in UK and Ireland, plus Mrs T exploring her Scots-Irish & Welsh ancestry. Everything except the game itself and a few days of pre-game partying are now to be cancelled, after our son announced his wife's due date as two days before our flight.

Green Bay is iffy. If the game is to be played in early September or late October, I'd like to give it a go. I'm not into the "hallowed ground" Packer mystique -- our Memorial Stadium was frankly more important to the NFL's success. However, it's one of the four remaining NFL towns which I haven't visited on Ravens or Colts road trips, so I have some interest -- as long as the weather is moderate and the Ravens have not tanked the season by then.

More likely would be going to Minneapolis to see the game inside their new domed stadium.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    London is a lot more than a game. Green Bay isn't. If it was my decision London would win hands down. It's one of the greatest cities on the planet.
    Cheers mate haha. London is a pretty nice city tbf, everything you need is there and is usually a very welcoming city to Americans.

London or Green Bay?

London game for me. Then will look to come out and do another home & road game combo depending on what the fixture list gives us. Got one eye on the NFCN road trips as that will allow for exploration around Chicago etc.

Although, that Tennessee trip could be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I have been fortunate enough to have gone to London several times. If you have never been and you have a chance to go - do it. Personally, I'd skip the football game and spend money seeing things that you'll never forget. Ride the Underground, see some sights
    I plan to do both the game and do some exploring. :)

hoping to do the GB trip ---- my father and Ron Wolf are old high school buddies, so hopefully we get to see some interesting things !