Page 4 of 279 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2017 Free Agency

When the team with the most cap space wins the SB you let me know.

Blog Entries

Philadelphia Eagles@Eagles 5m5 minutes agoMore

Roster Move: #Eagles release CB Leodis McKelvin.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

ravens def new a new capologist or someone to assist

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'm definitely in favor of keeping Wallace. It is an option though if they think they can get Smith cheap enough to save them some cap dollars. Personally I think Wallace, Smith, and Perriman would be a handful for defenses to cover, but I do see your point about having the bigger possession type. Kind of like in '12 when they had Smith, Jones, and Boldin.
    smith has been worse than hot grabage since he left here. He cant get open. He lost a step a long time ago.

He's a one trick pony that isnt fast anymore, so he looks for PI's every play....We need the polar opposite, someone who can separate and who fights for the ball

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'm definitely in favor of keeping Wallace. It is an option though if they think they can get Smith cheap enough to save them some cap dollars. Personally I think Wallace, Smith, and Perriman would be a handful for defenses to cover, but I do see your point about having the bigger possession type. Kind of like in '12 when they had Smith, Jones, and Boldin.
    Agreed. That would be a formidable group. Torrey has had Kap throwing him the ball these past few years so I'm sure he's ready to have someone with skills again.

Keep our line healthy and have those three at WR and we wouldn't have to worry about WR for a few years.

That said, Smith may not come cheap.

Blog Entries

That trio sounds great, but when you go up against the better defenses the same issues will remain. They will play deep coverage and the Ravens will lack pass catchers with better short area skills to take advantage of the space and zone coverages.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    smith has been worse than hot grabage since he left here. He cant get open. He lost a step a long time ago.

He's a one trick pony that isnt fast anymore, so he looks for PI's every play....We need the polar opposite, someone who can separate and who fights for the ball

I like to think Torrey Smith issues is the same as Mike Wallace before he was a Ravens. Smith didn't really have the quarterback take advantage of his speed.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    The Ravens have been chasing the cap for the last 5 years. I am still disappointed the Ravens did not do a big purge last off season. I and I believe Ravor were in favor of cutting all of the big $ veterans on the back side of their career. Basically Webb, Suggs, Doom, Zuttah, pitta and all of the other crappy secondary players. They could have eaten the 28m cap hit on the Flacco contract for this past year and it would have put them in a better position going into this year.

Hoping they cut Dennis Pitta, Shareece Wright, Jeremy Zuttah, Doom, Webb, Watson, Arrington and Lewis. That would put the Ravens Cap space somewhere in the 35m range. I would also consider doing a June 1 cut with Suggs.

At some point the team has to get control of their salary cap. It seems like their is more quality to this year's free agency class. Especially at S & CB. This class before cuts is very weak at the RT spot. Would like to see the Ravens sign Wagner prior to him hitting free agency if possible. Not sure paying a ton for a one dimensional player like Williams makes sense. Couple of options at NT beside Williams in Hankins and Poe who would probably be cheaper options. If They can't agree with Wagner I would look at potentially going after Reif who moved to RT this year and was fairly good in his first year on the right side. He also gives you the ability to move him to LT if Stanley is injured.

I would be surprised if Webb is cut especially since he was rated the 14 best free safety in the league and I'm not sure if The Ravens are going to get any better than him through the free agent market. The only way I see Webb leaving is if he declines pay cut or contract extension. I doubt Jeremy Zuttah will be cut as well unless The Ravens are really high on someone already on the roster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I would not make that move. Cutting Wallace and signing Smith would be a wash financially. Smith, Perriman and Wallace are all too similar. Wallace is a free agent after this year. Better to focus on someone who is complementary to the speed guys they already have.
    I agree. At least in 2016 Flacco created some chemistry with Wallace. I don't want Joe to have to revive his history with Torrey again, even if he is a little cheaper. What's the point?
    ... Bc

Blog Entries

Seeing a lot of noise that, with so many teams flush with cap space and not a lot of options in FA, players may not be so quick to take a pay cut. Webb will be interesting; I don't think they can afford to lose him until they know they have something in place

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by esmd
    Personally I think Wallace, Smith, and Perriman would be a handful for defenses to cover...
    I really don't think so. IMO no decent DC, with any kind of average (or better) defense, would lose sleep over facing those three... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Seeing a lot of noise that, with so many teams flush with cap space and not a lot of options in FA, players may not be so quick to take a pay cut. Webb will be interesting; I don't think they can afford to lose him until they know they have something in place
    I've been seeing the same thing. Pay attention to what the Eagles do with Jason Peters. He was asked to take a cut and hasn't gotten back to them. That's an interesting test case. I bet the market for Peters would be fairly strong.