Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Thee Official Matty Ice Melt Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    He doesn't he ran his mouth for two weeks and His Boy Matt Ryan just shit him self
    Hahahah I love it. How do you make Ice melt? You add a little salt.....And SugarRay has plenty of it
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Re: Thee Official Matty Ice Melt Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Was Matt Ryan the most valuable player for the Falcons offense in the SB?
    Again so one game determines how good a QB is? I guess you thought Marino sucked. You know since he never won SB MVP.

It's like I posted in the Flacco thread. Our D can shit the bed and it's never Joe's fault. Atlanta D shits the bed in the 4th quarter and it's all Ryan's fault.

I'm not saying Ryan had a great game or anything. He's just not the reason Atlanta lost. I pointed out that taking the sack was bad. I also think the play calling by Shanahan in that situation was bad. How many times have we as a fan base bitched about play calling?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

When the one thing they couldn't afford was a turnover, he fumbled
    When the one thing they couldn't afford was a sack, he took a sack
    When players were running wide open in the first half, he looked great, like he always does

He did this against San Fransisco. He blew it against Arizona. He threw the pick six that sealed it against Green Bay a few years back.

GOTA is right, when the conditions are absolutely perfect, Ryan looks great. A little adversity and he turns into a walking Clue movie.

Running the ball three times wouldn't have mattered. New England had the timeouts, and those runs wouldn't have guaranteed a made FG. Kept them in range? Yes, but it's still a long assed FG for an old assed Kicker.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Again so one game determines how good a QB is? I guess you thought Marino sucked. You know since he never won SB MVP.

It's like I posted in the Flacco thread. Our D can shit the bed and it's never Joe's fault. Atlanta D shits the bed in the 4th quarter and it's all Ryan's fault.

I'm not saying Ryan had a great game or anything. He's just not the reason Atlanta lost. I pointed out that taking the sack was bad. I also think the play calling by Shanahan in that situation was bad. How many times have we as a fan base bitched about play calling?

They aren't thinking clearly and I'm being nice about that LOL it's never Joe's fault in their minds, I can't believe I used to think like that LOL

Blog Entries

Here is the point that people are missing when they look at this game in a vacuum.

When you have Julio Jones, Mohammed Sanu, Taylor Gabriel, a top 5 offensive line, top 5 coaching staff and two quality RBs, you shouldn't be just scoring 28 points.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    So when the Ravens blew two 14 point lead in the playoffs two years ago against the Pats, does his still hold true?
    Did our offense score 0 points in the 4th quarter in that game?

I'm fine with that.

In much the same way that Joe Flacco is not the reason we lost this year.

The factors the hindered Ryan (which we agree on) hindered Flacco all year.

Thats what my point is, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

It's just time for people to wake up and see it from another teams perspective. Some people are so fixated on following Baltimore (obviously because we are the fans - not criticizing that) that we don't see what goes on around the league. Blown leads and shitty play calling happens everywhere, not just in Baltimore. Factors outside of the QB control hinder teams. It happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Some in our fan base are just obsessed with the Matt Ryan vs Joe Flacco thing. Joe has to be better in their eyes for some reason. I'll never get it.
    Bingo. I don't get it, either. I don't understand why a football fan can't appreciate both of them for their positive attributes, and be willing to accept honest criticism of them both when it's warranted.

As far as Atlanta losing the SB, it's hard to see how any observant fan can point to Ryan as the major reason. He certainly contributed by taking a bad sack and fumbling but otherwise did more than enough to win. Shanny Jr.'s inexplicable playcalling on 3rd and 1 will go down in infamy amongst Atlanta fans (the folks at The Falcoholic have rightly jumped on this). Then you have the holding penalty, then the rest was done by a gassed defense.

I take no joy in Atlanta's loss. All we're going to hear for the next year is Brady, Brady, Brady. Yuck.

Ryan played this game safe as can be. His playmakers made some awful throws look like artwork in motion. This game in the 2nd half was played not to lose.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Running the ball three times wouldn't have mattered. New England had the timeouts, and those runs wouldn't have guaranteed a made FG. Kept them in range? Yes, but it's still a long assed FG for an old assed Kicker.
    Julio's catch put them at the 22-yard line. They ran it on 1st down for a 1-yard loss. On 2nd-and-11 from the 23, the "MVP" took a 12-yard loss. If they run it for 0 yards on 2nd and 3rd, it's a 40-yarder, indoors, that would have given them a 31-20 lead with under 4 minutes to play.

I'd take my chances with that.

Blog Entries

When Bucky Brooks said Ryan was driving a Cadillac, he was understating how easy this offense is. WRs were literally running wide open and the few times the coverage was good, Julio Jones did what Julio Jones does. When Ryan had to think and create, he couldn't.

THEE BEST offensive support in the league, BY FAR, and all he could muster was 28 points, against a defense that RARELY plays from behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    So when the Ravens blew two 14 point lead in the playoffs two years ago against the Pats, does his still hold true?
    Did they convert more then one Third down in the second half? They got the ball back with 57 seconds and Julio fucking Jones and what exactly did matt Ryan do with it? All they needed was a fg