Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Stadium enhancements: giant video boards + escalators = wow!

Check it out:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...f-bb546a801c02

Our stadium will now rise from one of the NFL's deficient "new" outdoor stadium to one of its best. The long overdue escalators will finally bring relief to the sore knee'd upper deck fans. The video board should be much clearer, without all the clutter of the surrounding small boards. The club sections will hopefully rival those in newer stadiums, hopefully with needed new large video boardsand more of them, and getting more natural light into the club lounges.

Can't wait to see these improvements constructed.
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-31-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Stadium enhancements: giant video boards + escalators = wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Check it out:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...f-bb546a801c02

Our stadium will now rise from one of the NFL's deficient "new" outdoor stadium to one of its best. The long overdue escalators will finally bring relief to the sore knee'd upper deck fans. The video board should be much clearer, with all the clutter of the surrounding small boards. The club sections will hopefully rival those in newer stadiums, hopefully with the needed new large video boards and getting more natural light into the club lounges.

Can't wait to see these improvements constructed.
    Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 18m18 minutes ago
    MD Stadium Authority will also contribute $24 mill, meaning it will be $144 million project. Stadium originally cost 220 mill to build

I'm looking forward to the bigger video boards in the end zone. Skeptically, I expect that the corner video boards will be much like the other new video boards they hyped a couple years ago -- they are telling us it will be for scores, statistics, and video, but they will actually be 90% advertising. Gonna have to start wearing sunglasses to night games.

I also like the cryptic reference to "new kitchen facilities." Like many of us, I go into the stadium already full from tailgate, so I rarely need to eat anything inside. But when I do, the food is nothing to look forward to. We usually do Attman's, which doesn't suck, but it's not great. I would love it if they had some quality food items there.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'm looking forward to the bigger video boards in the end zone. Skeptically, I expect that the corner video boards will be much like the other new video boards they hyped a couple years ago -- they are telling us it will be for scores, statistics, and video, but they will actually be 90% advertising. Gonna have to start wearing sunglasses to night games.

I also like the cryptic reference to "new kitchen facilities." Like many of us, I go into the stadium already full from tailgate, so I rarely need to eat anything inside. But when I do, the food is nothing to look forward to. We usually do Attman's, which doesn't suck, but it's not great. I would love it if they had some quality food items there.
    I think when they say "kitchen facilities", they mean the equipment used to make the food they make the suites, not the common folk who eat concessions.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think when they say "kitchen facilities", they mean the equipment used to make the food they make the suites, not the common folk who eat concessions.
    I take when it says "throughout the stadium" to mean just that and not just the,suite and/or club levels.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Indeed, I guess I missed this the first time I read it ....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...c-30231a77613a

"Improved Kitchen Facilities: The stadium will undergo kitchen renovations and have an additional kitchen built, improving the quality of food and providing more options at concession stands throughout the entire venue."

Good stuff! Seems like they really want to stay on the modern edge of things.

Blog Entries

Escalators. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see the renderings. Sucks we only get two escalators, but it is what it is I guess. They'll get crowded quick, that's for sure. The new TV boards look incredible. The current ones are only a few years old I believe, and they're plenty big. Those new ones are friggin huge. Will be awesome to see.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

any chance super bowl will be in bmore?

In an age of wi-fi and ever-improving smartphones, are four giant TV boards necessary? For commercials, yes? But for seeing a replay?

Just curious, has talk of the giant raven statue ever been revived? I would think such a statue could be stadium signature, instantly identifying to the world that this is Baltimore. And it could be eye catching to travelers (especially out-of-towners) along 395. The backs of giant TV stands would seem to be boring at best an eyesore at worst.

Only 2 banks of escalators...means that the lines will be ridiculous and that many will choose to bypass and use the ramps/stairs. It's a welcome addition for our friends with knee problems and such and I get that.

The video boards will just be used for more ads. Just like last time. Yawn.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

biscuit increasing value of the franchise right before the sale...not sure plank will be able to afford it anymore with UA down 25% today