Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 151152153
Results 1,825 to 1,833 of 1833

Re: The Official Joe Flacco Thread.

Here is my take on the whole "is Joe elite" crapstorm....

Sad to say , I don't truly know, and I blame the Ravens a large degree for that. I am trying to think of any top notch qb that has had as many different coaches, systems and dearth of in their prime playmakers. I think Joe is a very good qb, and in the right system, would probably be just a slight notch below elite. TBH, until Harbaugh and Joe aren't tied together, I don't know that we will ever know for sure

For what it is worth I discovered this.:

https://brickwallblitz.wordpress.com...rom-2011-2014/

The Ravens seem to have blown many 4th quarter leads, and if I am reading the stats correctly, he has brought them back 6 times. Pretty good considering the circumstances in regard to the coaching stability.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post

The Ravens seem to have blown many 4th quarter leads, and if I am reading the stats correctly, he has brought them back 6 times. Pretty good considering the circumstances in regard to the coaching stability.
    Maybe they'll understand it better coming from you Complex.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post

Man I did all this research in the first pees thread half a decade ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    Here is my take on the whole "is Joe elite" crapstorm....

Sad to say , I don't truly know, and I blame the Ravens a large degree for that. I am trying to think of any top notch qb that has had as many different coaches, systems and dearth of in their prime playmakers. I think Joe is a very good qb, and in the right system, would probably be just a slight notch below elite. TBH, until Harbaugh and Joe aren't tied together, I don't know that we will ever know for sure
    I agree. Absolutely.

It's a real pisser. It's almost like when the Chargers didn't try to re-sign Brees. He was a good QB for the Chargers. He played well and had some stinkers. He didn't really become what he is now until he went and played for Sean Payton. Unfortunately, Flacco is 32 now. It is possible for him to experience a renaissance because QB's can play well into their late 30's, but who knows?

I don't think we'll ever see how good Joe could have been.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree. Absolutely.

It's a real pisser. It's almost like when the Chargers didn't try to re-sign Brees. He was a good QB for the Chargers. He played well and had some stinkers. He didn't really become what he is now until he went and played for Sean Payton. Unfortunately, Flacco is 32 now. It is possible for him to experience a renaissance because QB's can play well into their late 30's, but who knows?

Elway got much much better when he got out from under Reeves. Who knows the next coach may do the same for Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Elway got much much better when he got out from under Reeves. Who knows the next coach may do the same for Joe
    Guys, I see a certain similarity here. In Joe's, and Harbaugh's, early careers as Ravens, the team was playoff bound every year including a Super Bowl victory. Elway, with Reeves as coach, went to three Super Bowls albeit losses. Owners are reluctant to dispose of Head Coaches who are successful. Perhaps in Flacco's case, Bisciotti will get tired of losing and will make a change that will be good for Joe's later QB years, just as Elway finally won two championships. I really like John Harbaugh, but not at the cost of Ravens success... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Man I did all this research in the first pees thread half a decade ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Guys, I see a certain similarity here. In Joe's, and Harbaugh's, early careers as Ravens, the team was playoff bound every year including a Super Bowl victory. Elway, with Reeves as coach, went to three Super Bowls albeit losses. Owners are reluctant to dispose of Head Coaches who are successful. Perhaps in Flacco's case, Bisciotti will get tired of losing and will make a change that will be good for Joe's later QB years, just as Elway finally won two championships. I really like John Harbaugh, but not at the cost of Ravens success... Bc
    Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is true, but I would hope that the next HC doesn't do John Harbaugh like Mike Shanahan did Dan Reeves. There was a lot of backstabbing going on there with that situation.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.