Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DNI Russian Hack Report

For those interested, here is the unclassified intelligence report from DNI about the Russian hack. I am always skeptical of what the government says, so I didn't immediately believe that Russia hacked the DNC. But after reading this report and doing some side research...Russia definitely hacked the DNC and influenced the election. Now I'm not naïve, the U.S. has had it hands in the elections of other countries (probably Russia as well), but IMO Russia took it too far this time. Kind of like during the Cold War...we would fly our F-15s towards their airspace before being intercepted and the Soviet Union would fly their MiGs towards ours before being intercepted. But the line was never crossed. Russia crossed the line. Not sure what if or any retaliation should follow. I hate to think that this is a first step towards a war with Russia.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: DNI Russian Hack Report

A few points ....

There's zero evidence they actually had an affect on the outcome.

They seemed to want to create chaos, to that end that succeeded.

Both sides were victim of hacking. It just seems as though the Dems got exploited far more. Speaking of which, Podesta shouldn't use the same password that he has on his luggage.

Trump is a moron for his months of saying Russia wasn't involved. This is about as slam dunk as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    A few points ....

There's zero evidence they actually had an affect on the outcome.

They seemed to want to create chaos, to that end that succeeded.

Both sides were victim of hacking. It just seems as though the Dems got exploited far more. Speaking of which, Podesta shouldn't use the same password that he has on his luggage.

Trump is a moron for his months of saying Russia wasn't involved. This is about as slam dunk as it gets.
    Agreed. This didn't effect the outcome. Per this report, with everything Russia did, they were preparing for Hilary to win. Even had a hashtag and social media campaign ready to go.

But we can't allow a foreign power to have this level of influence on our democratic process. I'm not sure what our response should be.

Podesta also shouldn't have left his cell phone in a cab.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Security has been taken way too lightly by this country for years. The only reason for the big concern now is to delegitimize Trumps win. That's kind of sad but if that's what it takes to take cyber security seriously, then so be it. The Dems and MSM were not too concerned about Hillary's unsecured server and basically ignored it, even though she supposedly had been hacked by 5 different Foreign agencies . But only now is hacking a big deal. China hacked OPM back in 2015 affecting 22 million current and former government employees, including me. Nothing much was said or done other than I get free credit monitoring for 2 years via OPM. Whoopee. I'm also getting free credit monitoring from Home Depot after their Credit Card data base was hacked. It's been going on for many years. Hopefully cyber security will finally be taken seriously, not because of politics but for the security of this nation.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Security has been taken way too lightly by this country for years. The only reason for the big concern now is to delegitimize Trumps win. That's kind of sad but if that's what it takes to take cyber security seriously, then so be it. The Dems and MSM were not too concerned about Hillary's unsecured server and basically ignored it, even though she supposedly had been hacked by 5 different Foreign agencies . But only now is hacking a big deal. China hacked OPM back in 2015 affecting 22 million current and former government employees, including me. Nothing much was said or done other than I get free credit monitoring for 2 years via OPM. Whoopee. I'm also getting free credit monitoring from Home Depot after their Credit Card data base was hacked. It's been going on for many years. Hopefully cyber security will finally be taken seriously, not because of politics but for the security of this nation.
    Me too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Me too.
    Me three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Lol man I could tell you some stories...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Lol man I could tell you some stories...

I had a TS clearance in DOD for 30 years and I could tell you some stories also. Going through all of those yearly briefings that I had to go to and sign a document saying I understood them, whether for security, ethics, or conflict of interest, Hillary Clinton should be in the slammer right now for disregarding all off the above. And for Comey to come out and say there wasn't enough evidence and there was no proof of intent is UFB. Anyone with a TS clearance was required to know if a document was classified and treated accordingly, whether it was marked Confidential, Secret, Top Secret, or SCI. The whole investigation wreaked. Trump should remove James Comey from office. I doubt the Dems would even fight him on that, but for different reasons, of course.

I had a TS clearance in DOD for 30 years and I could tell you some stories also. Going through all of those yearly briefings that I had to go to and sign a document saying I understood them, whether for security, ethics, or conflict of interest, Hillary Clinton should be in the slammer right now for disregarding all off the above. And for Comey to come out and say there wasn't enough evidence and there was no proof of intent is UFB. Anyone with a TS clearance was required to know if a document was classified and treated accordingly, whether it was marked Confidential, Secret, Top Secret, or SCI. The whole investigation wreaked. Trump should remove James Comey from office. I doubt the Dems would even fight him on that, but for different reasons, of course.
    Truth. Those of us who hold/held a clearance understands this. I get tired of explaining this to my friends that are Clinton supports who know nothing about classified information handling.

Blog Entries

Heard that man.

I recently left the gov a few years ago, but prior Tommy current role, I had been doing cyber/infosec work for DoD/DHS for almost 10 years.

I was in the congressional hearing after Target got popped. That was a real eye opener. It's incredible how stupid some congressmen and women are.

Blog Entries

I have never heard if this is true or not but are the president, cabinet, congress etc. subjected to random drug tests and polygraphs like I was at my agency? If not, why not? My guess is that many of them would fail one or both. My agency had a 0 tolerance as far as drug testing went and if you failed you were gone. A guy in my office was popped and fired. If you had a security violation it went on your permanent record and if it was severe, they pulled your clearance and you were gone. Do they also go through a 5 year update for their clearances like we did?

I have never heard if this is true or not but are the president, cabinet, congress etc. subjected to random drug tests and polygraphs like I was at my agency?
    Good question. I don't know the answer.