Blog Entries

Trump Shaking Things Up

Lol.

See the GOP backtrack on the Ethics Panel stuff after Trump tweeted that he didn't agree with it?

Ford also is investing hundreds of millions into Michigan. Creating almost 1,000 jobs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Trump Shaking Things Up

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Lol.

See the GOP backtrack on the Ethics Panel stuff after Trump tweeted that he didn't agree with it?

Ford also is investing hundreds of millions into Michigan. Creating almost 1,000 jobs.
    both are good things, but rather little. its 700 jobs and 700million which was a smart move considering the Mexico job was going to cost 1.6 billion and theyre still going to use an existing plant in mexico for production anyway. Fords CEO stressed Ford's decision was "done independently" of the president."

"This does make a heck of a lot of sense for business reasons. Ford is saving money by investing only $700 million instead of the $1.6 billion it originally planned. After record years of U.S. car sales, there are signs of a slowdown. Small cars have been especially lousy sellers lately, which is why Ford is still moving production to Mexico. U.S. car workers make an average of $28 an hour, Swiecki says. In Mexico, workers average about $5.50 an hour.
    ill take 700 jobs here rather than not, but i think its odd that this story is coming out as Pro-trump when they were pretty adamant it was just a business decision thats based off simple math and once again, just moving assets around not so much wholesale changes.
    -JAB

Assigning credit to Trump is quite premature, as he is not even in office yet and has had no policies initiated or even put out for proposal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Assigning credit to Trump is quite premature, as he is not even in office yet and has had no policies initiated or even put out for proposal.
    Not necessarily assigning "credit" to Trump, but I do find it funny that he Tweets something going against what the GOP is doing and all of a sudden they basically retract it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not necessarily assigning "credit" to Trump, but I do find it funny that he Tweets something going against what the GOP is doing and all of a sudden they basically retract it.
    I think it's more typical media poor coverage. The R's were going to discuss possible options with 'gutting' ethics panel as one option. Not that it was the option, or even the most favored option.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ford-...o-plant-2017-1

Also pretty sure the backtrack was because about a million people called their reps.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/ford-...o-plant-2017-1

Also pretty sure the backtrack was because about a million people called their reps.
    This.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Shake things up or not, he's a total idiot about this Russian hacking stuff.

It's one thing if it was one or two agencies and there were mixed signals amongst the Intel community. It's quite another when a bipartisan commission in both houses of Congress all verify the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

It's one thing if it was one or two agencies and there were mixed signals amongst the Intel community. It's quite another when a bipartisan commission in both houses of Congress all verify the same thing.
    Trump received an intel briefing on the attack today. We'll see if he's tone changes now.

I'm interested to read the recently declassified report.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Yup.

He and Mattis are going to butt heads a lot I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Trump received an intel briefing on the attack today. We'll see if he's tone changes now.

I'm interested to read the recently declassified report.
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-2016-campaign