Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    41,534
    Blog Entries
    3

    Trump Shaking Things Up



    Lol.

    See the GOP backtrack on the Ethics Panel stuff after Trump tweeted that he didn't agree with it?

    Ford also is investing hundreds of millions into Michigan. Creating almost 1,000 jobs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,115
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trump Shaking Things Up

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Lol.

    See the GOP backtrack on the Ethics Panel stuff after Trump tweeted that he didn't agree with it?

    Ford also is investing hundreds of millions into Michigan. Creating almost 1,000 jobs.
    both are good things, but rather little. its 700 jobs and 700million which was a smart move considering the Mexico job was going to cost 1.6 billion and theyre still going to use an existing plant in mexico for production anyway. Fords CEO stressed Ford's decision was "done independently" of the president."

    "This does make a heck of a lot of sense for business reasons. Ford is saving money by investing only $700 million instead of the $1.6 billion it originally planned. After record years of U.S. car sales, there are signs of a slowdown. Small cars have been especially lousy sellers lately, which is why Ford is still moving production to Mexico. U.S. car workers make an average of $28 an hour, Swiecki says. In Mexico, workers average about $5.50 an hour.
    ill take 700 jobs here rather than not, but i think its odd that this story is coming out as Pro-trump when they were pretty adamant it was just a business decision thats based off simple math and once again, just moving assets around not so much wholesale changes.
    -JAB





  3. #3

    Re: Trump Shaking Things Up

    Assigning credit to Trump is quite premature, as he is not even in office yet and has had no policies initiated or even put out for proposal.





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    41,534
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Trump Shaking Things Up

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Assigning credit to Trump is quite premature, as he is not even in office yet and has had no policies initiated or even put out for proposal.
    Not necessarily assigning "credit" to Trump, but I do find it funny that he Tweets something going against what the GOP is doing and all of a sudden they basically retract it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  5. #5

    Re: Trump Shaking Things Up

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not necessarily assigning "credit" to Trump, but I do find it funny that he Tweets something going against what the GOP is doing and all of a sudden they basically retract it.
    I think it's more typical media poor coverage. The R's were going to discuss possible options with 'gutting' ethics panel as one option. Not that it was the option, or even the most favored option.





  6. #6

    Re: Trump Shaking Things Up

    http://www.businessinsider.com/ford-...o-plant-2017-1

    Also pretty sure the backtrack was because about a million people called their reps.





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    11,335

    Re: Trump Shaking Things Up

    Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/ford-...o-plant-2017-1

    Also pretty sure the backtrack was because about a million people called their reps.
    This.





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    34,417

    Re: Trump Shaking Things Up

    Shake things up or not, he's a total idiot about this Russian hacking stuff.

    It's one thing if it was one or two agencies and there were mixed signals amongst the Intel community. It's quite another when a bipartisan commission in both houses of Congress all verify the same thing.





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    11,335

    Re: Trump Shaking Things Up

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Shake things up or not, he's a total idiot about this Russian hacking stuff.

    It's one thing if it was one or two agencies and there were mixed signals amongst the Intel community. It's quite another when a bipartisan commission in both houses of Congress all verify the same thing.
    Trump received an intel briefing on the attack today. We'll see if he's tone changes now.

    I'm interested to read the recently declassified report.





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    41,534
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Trump Shaking Things Up

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Shake things up or not, he's a total idiot about this Russian hacking stuff.

    It's one thing if it was one or two agencies and there were mixed signals amongst the Intel community. It's quite another when a bipartisan commission in both houses of Congress all verify the same thing.
    Yup.

    He and Mattis are going to butt heads a lot I think.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  11. #11

    Re: Trump Shaking Things Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Trump received an intel briefing on the attack today. We'll see if he's tone changes now.

    I'm interested to read the recently declassified report.
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-2016-campaign





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland