Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What plays, if executed,could have won us the game yesterday?

Perhaps causing a power outage in the 4th quarter?
    Seriously.....
    Waller not allowing the ball to get knocked out of his hands in the end zone? This is like a reoccurring nightmare with us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bawlamer; 12-26-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Re: What plays, if executed,could have won us the game yesterday?

The dropped touchdowns would be obvious candidates

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I don't think any plays. The missed TD was Darren Waller. Even if he makes the catch the game goes into overtime and the Ravens blow three 14 points leads in critical games since 2014. There is something seriously wrong with the defensive philosophy/strategy when trying to hold 4th quarter leads. I like John Harbaugh as our coach but I don't care for his picks for coordinators with the exception of Gary Kubiak.

Blog Entries

Take your pick. The botched fg snap. Damn you Joe
    The non catch by Perryman in the end zone. Damn you Joe
    The non catch by pita. Damn you Joe
    The non catch by Waller. Damn you Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I don't think anyone is placing the blame on Flacco for this loss.

Honestly, I have no idea why we were targeting guys like Waller and Perriman who can't catch, rather than using them for deep shots. Should have been the Steve Smith and Kenneth Dixon show all night long.

Um, keeping Brown out of the EZ? If they did, time would have run out.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

I'm going to make a generalization about the defense : we're up 20 - 10 one minute into the 4th quarter. The defense is playing well. I don't know how we gave up three TD drives, but stop any one of them and the game is ours... Bc

EVERYONE is missing an obvious GLARING point.
    IF our receivers make ALL those catches...what would Pees have done sooner?????
    He did it in 2014 against the Pats to let them back in the playoff game...and when the Ravens went back up by 14, he did it AGAIN.
    It would have happened again yesterday too.
    You can't make a play against a very good offense if your corners are at least 10 yards off the line.
    It just doesn't happen.

Some people NEVER EVER LEARN. PERIOD.
    To think the Steelers/Ben would not execute simple pass and catch under no pressure and 10 yard cushions is ridiculous and actually at this time, insane or stupid. Take your pick.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    For the record, the throw to Perriman was a bad back-foot throw with no gas on it that should have been toward the sideline. The throw to Pitta would have been an absurdly great catch. The throws to Smith and Waller were excellent, but we got to relive the Lee Evans nightmare all over again with Waller.

Mosley bouncing off Weddle on the last TD was just bad luck and a great play by Brown.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    EVERYONE is missing an obvious GLARING point.
    IF our receivers make ALL those catches...what would Pees have done sooner?????
    He did it in 2014 against the Pats to let them back in the playoff game...and when the Ravens went back up by 14, he did it AGAIN.
    It would have happened again yesterday too.
    You can't make a play against a very good offense if your corners are at least 10 yards off the line.
    It just doesn't happen.

Some people NEVER EVER LEARN. PERIOD.
    To think the Steelers/Ben would not execute simple pass and catch under no pressure and 10 yard cushions is ridiculous and actually at this time, insane or stupid. Take your pick.
    So, with that said I am beginning to think that is not a Pees thing. That complaint has been around since Harbaugh has been here. I remember specifically being on this board and having Rex blamed for that 2nd loss to the Steelers in 2008 because the Ravens D went into prevent with a lead at the end of the game.

Time to stop blaming some of these issues on the coordinators.... especially when said issues are issues before the coordinators take over and are still issues when they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    For the record, the throw to Perriman was a bad back-foot throw with no gas on it that should have been toward the sideline. The throw to Pitta would have been an absurdly great catch. The throws to Smith and Waller were excellent, but we got to relive the Lee Evans nightmare all over again with Waller.

Mosley bouncing off Weddle on the last TD was just bad luck and a great play by Brown.
    That throw to Perriman was not bad. It was very good but not perfect. There is a world of nuance in this game. Just because it wasn't perfect doesn't mean it was bad. You will rarely see a perfect throw. The throw was definitely catchable and looked worse only because Perriman mistimed his jump. One more step then jump and he had a great chance to catch that ball.

The throw to Pitta was just about perfect, and while I agree it isn't an easy catch, I disagree that it would have been an absurdly great catch. The featured TE in many offenses across the NFL are expected to and routinely do make catches just like that. Pull it in to your body with one arm, then secure it. Pitta did the first part, but failed to secure it.

Neither is anything other than what I would call a good decision and good throw by the QB giving your playmaker a chance. That's what you want from your QB in the NFL. Playmakers gotta make plays. When you demand your QB to make a perfect throw every god damn time that no scrub off the street should be forgiven for not catching, then why are you even paying playmakers? Just get some scrubs off the fucking street.

How about the defense doesn't play a soft zone and let the Steelers march down the field. Time for Pees to go, same old song and dance with the defense.