Rebate on the Defense, Offensive/Defensive Coordinators, WRs????

I love how yet again, as we all knew deep down, it came down to our VAUNTED Defense to win the game.... and they poop the bed.

Just like predicted, Flacco gives us a lead, puts up 27 points (Despite generic 1 route passing plays, and multiple drops on contested and Non contested perfectly placed balls).......

and what do we do???? DUN DUN DUN.......

We pull a Dean Pees, go prevent, Pitt WRs (b/c they invest in them) Make incredible plays and our DEFENSE GETS SHREDDED AGAIN BY A PLAYOFF TEAM.....

LOL @ RSR posters claiming our "Defense is elite"

Maybe instead of Crying over Flacco.... you should cry over our horrible WR's that cant catch, they cant seperate......

Our OC who calls 5 - 3 yard curl routes routinely, our DC who goes soft in the big moment

and various Defensive players like Suggs, Webb, All of our no name CBs.....

Yall got tricked by the posters here to blame flacco, when our defense was fools gold...just like we warned you

Oak L 28- 27
    NYG L 27 -23
    Pitt injured big ben W 17-14
    DAL L 27-17
    Miami W 38 - 6
    Pats L 30 -23
    Pitt L 31 - 27

So look what we got here... a cuppa pretenda's against a cuppa contenda's.... Despite the false narrative that our Defense is elite.... looks like we've gotten beat up on Defense against Playoff teams.....

every time I hear about people complaining about Flacco, while saying our Defense is Great

Re: Rebate on the Defense, Offensive/Defensive Coordinators, WRs????

Sometimes it is Joes fault. This time it was the defenses fault. But to say it's ALWAYS the defense is flat out wrong IMO. The team as a whole is mediocre. And the coaches are clueless. They win as a team and loose as a team. I try to tell it like I see it. Joe did what he could today. He was under duress, scrambled, completed passes while rolling out and scored in the 4th quarter. The defense played well until the 4th quarter. That was the coach! There is no reason for the defense playing 3/4 of a games well and then lay an egg. It's the same guys out there. IT IS THE COACH AND HIS HORRIBLE SCHEME.
    I've said it before.... We will never know exactly what talent we have until we get the right coach.
    But ease up on the players. They don't poop the bed they Pee(s) the bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't recall ever seeing a team that was allowed to complete so many passes to the sideline as the steelers were yesterday. The sad thing is that I doubt the Ravens could have gotten past midfield with 1:18 to work with.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I don't recall ever seeing a team that was allowed to complete so many passes to the sideline as the steelers were yesterday. The sad thing is that I doubt the Ravens could have gotten past midfield with 1:18 to work with.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Pees has them play off 20 yards. It's easy really.
    And your right about the Ravens. IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The defense fell apart just as the offense got better. The first 3/4s of the season it was the other way around. The blame for this season is on the entire team including Flacco.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    The defense fell apart just as the offense got better. The first 3/4s of the season it was the other way around. The blame for this season is on the entire team including Flacco.
    Not sure how you fault a qb with TWO ROOKIES protecting his blind side fresh back from acl and mcl surgery while going 4 games with what atleast three of the scrubs being out on said oline. Let alone the fact his number 1 is 37 coming back from his own major injury and I beileve was out two of the 4 games lost during that terrible stretch. Or his 2,3 receivers being both basically New with hardley any practice time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I love how yet again, as we all knew deep down, it came down to our VAUNTED Defense to win the game.... and they poop the bed.

Just like predicted, Flacco gives us a lead, puts up 27 points (Despite generic 1 route passing plays, and multiple drops on contested and Non contested perfectly placed balls).......

and what do we do???? DUN DUN DUN.......

We pull a Dean Pees, go prevent, Pitt WRs (b/c they invest in them) Make incredible plays and our DEFENSE GETS SHREDDED AGAIN BY A PLAYOFF TEAM.....

LOL @ RSR posters claiming our "Defense is elite"

Maybe instead of Crying over Flacco.... you should cry over our horrible WR's that cant catch, they cant seperate......

Our OC who calls 5 - 3 yard curl routes routinely, our DC who goes soft in the big moment

and various Defensive players like Suggs, Webb, All of our no name CBs.....

Yall got tricked by the posters here to blame flacco, when our defense was fools gold...just like we warned you

Oak L 28- 27
    NYG L 27 -23
    Pitt injured big ben W 17-14
    DAL L 27-17
    Miami W 38 - 6
    Pats L 30 -23
    Pitt L 31 - 27

So look what we got here... a cuppa pretenda's against a cuppa contenda's.... Despite the false narrative that our Defense is elite.... looks like we've gotten beat up on Defense against Playoff teams.....

every time I hear about people complaining about Flacco, while saying our Defense is Great
    Lol Ben played like straight Shit yesterday but he doesn't have to play perfectly like Flacco for his offense to move. He can sit back and let Bell and brown carry him. Could you imagine what this board would look like today if he turned in the performance Ben did. Lmfao every idiot on the board would have an over paid over rated get rid of Joe thread going. Bottom line this defense was shit. They padded stats with shit qbs. Look at the list. Taylor bortles Cleveland x2 AJ grew less bengals one legged Ben Jets Wentz tannehill.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Not sure how you fault a qb with TWO ROOKIES protecting his blind side fresh back from acl and mcl surgery while going 4 games with what atleast three of the scrubs being out on said oline. Let alone the fact his number 1 is 37 coming back from his own major injury and I beileve was out two of the 4 games lost during that terrible stretch. Or his 2,3 receivers being both basically New with hardley any practice time
    The offensive side of the ball was clearly hobbled and weak to start the season. Then we fired an OC and had to deal with that as well. By the bye week Flacco was starting to play well again but even still he had no run support and his receivers let him down an awful lot, and the defense started to get worse and worse except for one good game against Miami in the past 5 or 6 games. Ugh. We had a bad off season on the offensive side of the ball, it took us way too much time to get our guys healthy and experienced and even then we still have subpar weapons and no run game and it is no wonder we had a struggling offense and QB to start the year. I was not surprised at all. I think the blame lies entirely on front office and coaching. They did not set us up to succeed. The buck stops there.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I understand all that. Flacco still played made plenty of mistakes even on plays where he wasn't pressured or had open WR's. I don't expect him to be perfect but that doesn't mean I ignore when he plays badly.

Blog Entries

I understand all that. Flacco still played made plenty of mistakes even on plays where he wasn't pressured or had open WR's. I don't expect him to be perfect but that doesn't mean I ignore when he plays badly.
    No, that's what you don't realize. You DO expect him to be perfect, because some of the plays you mentioned are plays that many QBs make. No QB is perfect. Given all of the circumstances surrounding him, people still rode him hard, because subconsciously everyone knows this offense is nothing without him. It's 'Flacco play perfect or bust'. Flacco could never throw 3 picks and have his offensive cast bail him out. He could never expect any of his WRs to make the play that Brown did. Maybe when Smith Sr. was in his prime, but since the front office treats the offense like an afterthought, we never get guys like that in their prime.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The defense didn't fall apart (well other then missing Jimmy Smith), they got torched against the Raiders, Giants, Cowboys. If the New England and Pittsburgh games were in September, the results would not have been any different.