Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will the Ravens draft a RB high?

Like the first or second round? I doubt it, and probably you do too but I wonder:

- If the team really commits to upgrading the running game this offseason and

- Doesn't feel that Dixon is the full answer, that he's a good second stringer but nothing else and

- Well the draft is very deep in quality backs this year

When I look at this year's draft I see edge rushers and CBs, especially the later. But for corners I think we can get a quality one in round 3 and maybe round 4. Edge rushers are not as abundant and because of that Ozzie might feel like he's reaching on the first two days when it it is time for him to draft. If Cook falls to the team in round one or McNichols in round 2 how likely do you think the Ravens pull the trigger?

Re: Will the Ravens draft a RB high?

The RB classes of '17 and '18 will be very good, but I think that West and Dixon can get it done.

This is clearly the Draft to take an pass rusher and/or CB, and I would expect that's the direction in which we'll go. Then again, 2014 was the Draft to take a WR...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    The RB classes of '17 and '18 will be very good, but I think that West and Dixon can get it done.

This is clearly the Draft to take an pass rusher and/or CB, and I would expect that's the direction in which we'll go. Then again, 2014 was the Draft to take a WR...

Yeah I agree with ya, though that includes the 2014/WR part.

Blog Entries

I rate Dixon and West, both physical runners. We just need an OC who knows how to use them. If Gary Kubiak was the OC with West and Dixon, I think we'd have been a top 5 rushing offense, and one of them goes to the pro bowl.

Blog Entries

If Fournette somehow drops, I think they have to consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

also Dalvin Cook

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Was my exact thought. After seeing Elliott tear up the league and our seemingly extra motivation to run the ball after ignoring it this year, I would not be surprised by this.

thoughts on Alvin Kamara - RB, Tennessee? 5'10 194 doesnt scream featured back
    from DJ
    Kamara has ideal size, speed and instincts for the position. On inside runs, he has a slashing running style and the ability to get skinny through the hole. His lateral quickness is off the charts and he gets up to top speed in a hurry. He has surprising power at all three levels. Against Vanderbilt, he broke six tackles on the same play. He has the speed to get the edge on outside runs and he's very elusive in space. He is dangerous in the passing game. He has natural hands and has shown the ability to make special catches (see one-handed grab vs. Texas A&M). The major knock on Kamara is the lack of carries he had during his college career; he's never carried the ball more than 18 times. However, he has an elite skill set and could end up being the best running back in the entire draft class.
    from mayock
    NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock believes Kamara is a "special talent" and should be considered a potential first-round pick.
    While it would probably be a surprise if the Tennessee product went in the first round after playing off the bench the last two years, the possibility can't be ruled out. As Mayock notes, Kamara shows rare burst, balance and change-of-direction skills, and he'll likely be one of the most feared pass-catching threats at running back the second he steps on an NFL field. Kamara ran for 1,294 yards (6.2 YPC) and 16 touchdowns in 24 games, catching 74 passes for 683 yards and seven touchdowns. As a backup SEC runner with uncommon athleticism and pass-catching skills, Kamara figures to draw some comparisons to Kenyan Drake, but we'd posit that Kamara is better. An NFL impact similar to Reggie Bush seems like a plausible outcome.

<span class="team-name">

I'm no longer convinced of this.

All the stats that I have seen, don't jive with what I said here.

I'll have to confirm or not via more film.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

11. Re: Will the Ravens draft a RB high?

I'm no longer convinced of this.

All the stats that I have seen, don't jive with what I said here.

I'll have to confirm or not via more film.
    I like them both, between the two think they can get it done but didn't seem either could get rhythm ever. They both feel like rhythm runners, could look at some of the OL injuries as reasons why. They both struggle in pass pro, which I think is why we saw juice on 3rd down more than the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by @SumthingObvious View Post
    I like them both, between the two think they can get it done but didn't seem either could get rhythm ever. They both feel like rhythm runners, could look at some of the OL injuries as reasons why. They both struggle in pass pro, which I think is why we saw juice on 3rd down more than the other two.

Good point on pass pro.
    That was the kicker for me accepting the prospect of taking Elliott over everyone not named Ramsey at #6 last year.

Joe needs protection, time, and (assuming he will then be able to go through his damn progressions) as many pass-catchers out as possible. Having solid pass pro in our primary RB would be really nice. Good for up-tempo sequences as well.

As I looked over FO's 2nd level and Open Field stats, I also think we need a little more long speed and short-area quickness out of the backfield. Perhaps, Dixon can develop the latter with a healthy off-season.

@BigPlayReceiver