24x7 Survival League has ended

Well, it was my intention to congratulate the winner of the 24x7 survival league on this forum, but it was me, so I won't.

Instead, congratulations to everyone who made it this far. Five different people (out of only twelve league participants) survived the first six weeks of the season, which is a pretty fantastic total; the previous eliminations were in week three! But thanks to a messy weekend of upsets, four went down, picking Jax, Jax, Philly, and Seattle. In fact, I had picked Jacksonville as well, but on hearing that Leftwich might not play, I switched my pick to Indianapolis; otherwise we'd have a five-way tie. So congrats to GreenWave52, RavenFan, 52Rayvens, and Skimmy for getting through six weeks without a miss. And thanks to everyone who participated.

I'll try to get this league started a little sooner next year, and maybe we'll have a few more interested players.

Having used Seattle, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Atlanta, New England, Denver, and Indianapolis, my week eight pick is the New York Giants. Eli and company play host to the Bucs, who have pulled off a couple of shocking home upsets lately and are due to take a dive on the road. The easy pick would be Chicago, hosting San Francisco, but I'll try to save them for a week where nothing else is available.
    Last edited by Gabrosin; 10-23-2006 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Sure sounded like I was calling San Fran an easy winner on the first read!

Re: 24x7 Survival League has ended

Just a thought, but you could start another one if you want to. Let me know. I'll join again if you do.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

You know, that's a fine idea! The group has been reset; everyone who started play is alive again starting in week eight. I'm not sure whether new people can join, but if anyone wants to try, I can provide the info (it's posted on the main board if you search for it).

I'm going to continue my streak from week 1, despite the reset; no picking teams I've already used. This week it's San Diego, hosting a Cleveland team coming off a win. I don't see Cleveland getting hot here. San Diego may be weaker on defense without Merriman, but that shouldn't affect LT and Gates as they tear up the Cleveland D.

Blog Entries

I picked NYJ over Cleveland in our first week...

Well, it was fun while it lasted!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

This week, it's Jacksonville, hosting the Houston Texans. Jacksonville looks like it has a lot of very winnable games the rest of the year, but at the same time, they're a very inconsistent team; you never know what you're going to get from week to week. However, Houston has been terrible on the road, and I don't expect them to fix it this week.

And, of course, that's why I've been trying to avoid picking the Jaguars. So much for that streak.

I'll be resetting the league again, for anyone who still cares; only two people were still around for this reset after one week, and now I'm done, so congratulations to "Heaven knows I'm miserable now", for picking correctly for three straight weeks. Game's open again for anyone still paying attention.
    Last edited by Gabrosin; 11-12-2006 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Three weeks, not two