Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bryant Gumbel Worst Commentator

Is anyone else in agreement with me? He may be the worst NFL commentator on television (that includes Kornheiser)

Re: Bryant Gumbel Worst Commentator

I'm not a big fan of the Gumbal family as it pertains to sports and commentary.

BUT

No one holds a candle to the suck-ass-titude that is Tony Kornheiser. I would go back to taking Dennis Miller over Kornheiser. Stupidest thing ESPN did was break up the Mike Patrick/Joe Theismann team. I always liked those guys.

[Stupidest thing ESPN did was break up the Mike Patrick/Joe Theismann team. I always liked those guys.[/QUOTE]

Definitely best crew I've ever heard.

If Bryant Gumbel and Tony Kornheiser were paired up in a booth, I truly believe my TV would explode.

They are by far the worst at their respective jobs.

I really like Collinsworth though. I read alot where people don't like him but I think he does a nice job.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the Gumbal family as it pertains to sports and commentary.

BUT

No one holds a candle to the suck-ass-titude that is Tony Kornheiser. I would go back to taking Dennis Miller over Kornheiser. Stupidest thing ESPN did was break up the Mike Patrick/Joe Theismann team. I always liked those guys.

See I can't stand Thiesmann. Now Aikman would be great on MNF.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Gumbel is bad. It's like he's on another planet or something. I actually start laughing at some of the stuff he says. It's actually pretty sad. I don't know why I laugh.

Kornheiser though is in a different league. When he starts, I find myself wanting to throw things through the TV. It's like nails on a chalkboard. I want to turn the sound down or walk out of the room because he grates on my nerves . . . . . blech I would prefer to listen to ANYONE other then him.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

I agree they both are horrible

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Stupidest thing ESPN did was break up the Mike Patrick/Joe Theismann team. I always liked those guys.
    Amen .... I hear Patrick on some college games and wish he would be back. He has a great voice, enthusiasm for the game and knows what the hell he's talking about. If NFL Network had any brains, they'd snatch him up in place of Gumble.

ESPN in general has fallen pretty far out of grace.

I miss Mike Patrick more than I miss any of the other commentators. He also had a great command of the play-by-play.

I agree Houston, EPSN football coverage just isn't what it was. I think I preferred when they were Sunday night.

I'll throw my support in that I love Mike Patrick. Here is the highest compliment I can pay him, and he is the only broadcaster I can say this about. Sometimes, I find myself watching a game I have no interest in (not just football, but college basketball too) just because he is doing the play-by-play.

I agree about Mike Patrick. They should bring him back to the booth and can Kornheiser.

and yes, Gumbel sux as an announcer.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I used to work at WNST for awhile as an intern and i spoke to Mike Patrick when i was trying to book him for our show.. He was very nice.. He has some major health issues that might have been the reason why ESPN took him off the NFL beat..