Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: It's Official -- Ravens Will Play Road Game in London!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    For those of you wondering about public transport around London from different areas, this is useful in giving a rough guide to routes and travel times. As I said in a previous post, Wembley Underground stations are Wembley Park and Wembley Central.

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/

The good thing about UK sports events is that the stadiums are far easier to get to on public transport (I still have nightmares of my trip back from University of Phoenix Stadium back to downtown Phoenix in 2015!) and I wouldn't even dream of driving to Wembley- it's not like the US where there are car parks (sorry, parking lots) near stadiums and tailgating isn't really a 'thing' over here, at least not in the traditional sense, as pregame is more of a pub scene.
    Good stuff. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Sweet....600 euro total for plane tickets and hotel. Booked!
    You going for both weekends I assume? I'm really pissed that they can't make up their mind which week it will be. We may have to wait until they make that announcement, and we're going to miss these good fares.
    "Chin up, chest out."

http://www.bmorearoundtown.com/

2017 Ravens London #PurpleRoadTrip
    DATE TO BE DETERMINED
    We are excited to be taking our famous #PurpleRoadTrip across the pond to the United Kingdom to see the Ravens take on the Jaguars in an International NFL Match-up that will take place September 2017 at Wembley Stadium.

We are now accepting $250 Deposits per person to secure your trip. These deposits will be refundable up until the final trip pricing is announced at which time you will have the option to receive 100% refund on your deposit or move forward with the trip. We expect to have final pricing no later than January 15, 2017 or sooner.

Let us handle all of the hassle that comes with planning an international trip. All you will need is your passport and luggage! Trip details are still being finalized but here is what we will be providing those traveling with us. THERE WILL BE NO A LA CARTE options on this trip (i.e. Tailgate only, Transportation, Tickets, Excursions, etc.). These options will only be provided to those traveling with our group!

We will have 2 different trips, one will be a 7 Day/7 Night Trip and the other option will be a 4 Day/4 Night Trip.

Here is what we will be including in our packages:

Round-trip Airfare from Baltimore/DC to London, UK
    4/5 Star Hotel Accommodations in Downtown London
    Transportation to/from airport to/from hotel to/from Football Game to/from excursions
    Guided Tour of London to include Tower of London Private Tour, Changing of the Guard Ceremony, Thames Riverboat Trip and Westminster Abbey, St Paul's Cathedral, London Eye.
    Purple Pub Crawl
    Welcome Breakfast
    Welcome Reception
    Purple Pep Rally
    Purple Tailgate Party
    Game tickets for Ravens vs Jaguars at Wembley Stadium
    Commemorative T-Shirt, Koozie, and welcome Bag!
    Option to purchase additional private excursions to include Open Top Bus Tour, Visit to Stonehenge, and English Premier League Soccer/Football match
    This trip will sell out and is extremely limited. Our estimated pricing can be found on our website for 4 Night and 7 Night Packages.

Looking to book your own airfare? We can do packages that include everything above without the airfare and airport transfers. Those options will be available soon as well, but lock in your package today with a $250 deposit per person on the Hotel Package Option.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    You going for both weekends I assume? I'm really pissed that they can't make up their mind which week it will be. We may have to wait until they make that announcement, and we're going to miss these good fares.
    Nah. April is early enough where there will still be deals to be had.

Hotels right now are rather cheap, especially around Soho.

Will be hopping over from Dublin, sure it's no distance. And I hope to say hello to some of you :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those making the trip across the pond - welcome! Also consider visiting the northern (better) half of the UK :)

For those unable to come - don't worry, we'll make it sound like a 9th home game

Blog Entries

I spent the first 26 years of my life in "Norf Lundun" so along with Fell Point Raven above, I can probably steer you straight. I was in the UK twice this year and in botth cases I used the Booking.Com app to book the hotels - we stayed in 5 on my most recent trip. On most hotels, no deposit is required to book and payment isn't due until you get there.

As Fells said, stay south of Euston and north of the river in the central area and you should be golden. Loads of pubs, loads of touristy stuff and very easy to get around on the tube. You will need an Oyster card which you can purchase there.

BA flies nonstop daily into Heathrow from BWI. Overnight flight gets you in around 8AM. There's an app called Hopper that can find you good fares. Keep in mind that if you don't do a non-stop, and you fly back into JFK (for example, on your way to your final US dest.) you will have to get your bags, go though customs and then check your bags again for the connecting flight. Non-stop rules for international flying.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

How/why are some folks booking the hotel already if we don't know which week? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    How/why are some folks booking the hotel already if we don't know which week? Am I missing something?
    It holds the room without penalty or deposit.

I'm a Marriott Rewards member so I booked a room both weekends. When the game date gets announced, I'll cancel the booking that doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Yeah I'll be there for both weekends. London is easily one of my favorite places to visit. Also I don't get much opportunity for vacation, but when I do I take weeks at a time.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Can some of our UK brethren recommend hotels?

I am hoping to stay at a Marriott property in North central London and take the tube to the game. I understand there's very little to do around the stadium itself and it's best to stay in North central London.
    Anywhere within underground zones 1 & 2 would be great to stay over in. London is so well connected with the tube that you don't need to stay too close to the stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Thanks for the link. I see that there is a rail station a few blocks from Wembley Stadium. Is that station for surface level commuter train (as opposed to the Underground "Tube")? Would you please elaborate on rail & tube service available to Wembley. Also, your comment about stopping service at midnight ... what time would a typical Wembley Stadium game end?
    Surface level: train from Marlybone to Wembley Central

Underground: both Wembley Central and Wembley Park

Trains will run from both stations (surface and underground) long after the game finishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk